• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

capalaba

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm sure the guys on Stan tonight said the squad will be announced this Friday. I might have heard wrong.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to see who they name. This whole series will be interesting to me as a neutral. Wales seem to be bringinging farily youngish team, Gatland looking to future. And Schmidt as he didn't get the job until reasonably late and being involved with ABs last year, would I assume have a fairly clear mind I want kind of player he wants. Usually most of squads in test rugby are already selected in coaches mind by beginning of year.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe in normal circumstances Dan - but I can’t imagine a situation where a test season started with a more clean slate and a coach wanting to reserve judgement.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Best to wait until the weekend when all the other football codes are front and centre to make sure we get as little coverage as possible?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Can only think he wants to contact all the squad members before it gets published, and presumably some of the Brumbies are possibly missing in action atm.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Can only think he wants to contact all the squad members before it gets published, and presumably some of the Brumbies are possibly missing in action atm.
All Blacks squad is announced next Monday apparently. Maybe they have airtags on their players, or their potential internationals are a bit more responsible than ours

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
All Blacks squad is announced next Monday apparently. Maybe they have airtags on their players, or their potential internationals are a bit more responsible than ours
Basically a lot of players who are in contention who's teams are out of contention (you know like my Canes etc ;) ) are already in a camp, so will just add the ones from final Monday for announcement I assume.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
What do you guys think of Swinton? Strong ball carrier, could be a good option for wallabies?
I don't think they'll select players that are leaving with so few tests before the Lions.

That said, he's our best 6 IMO. He's physical on both sides of the ball, has a high work rate, is fairly mobile and is proficient in the lineout. Our most complete 6 when he isn't taking peoples heads of, and he's been disciplined this year.

Last edited:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What do you guys think of Swinton? Strong ball carrier, could be a good option for wallabies?

He was apparently not included in the Waratahs' training contingent, so I'd say he's not in contention despite having IMO his best year.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
I would still like to see Swinton picked for a bit of mongrel (controlled). Also showing my Force bias with Kuenzle but he offers coverage for the
whole backline and can kick goals.

Wingers is a bit of a concern, have assumed Toole not available. Who else is there? Muirhead? Maybe Daugunu?

Highlighted in bold differences to rugbyAU's team

1. Slipper
2. Faesslar
3. AAA (C)
4. Swain
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Swinton
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Lolesio
11. Lancaster or Daugunu?
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright
16. Uelese
17. Hodgman