• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Do you mean he's on holidays or he's moved back? He could only get selected if he signs with a Super franchise I'd say.

He lives in Brisbane. Is back for the Japanese offseason. Won't be signing for a SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) franchise for 2025 I don't believe as still has another year with DRocks.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
I forgot about Leota, I like him as an alternative to Swinton at 6
It's good to finally have some solid options at 6, even with Swinton and Hanigan leaving. Leota, Wright, Hooper and Valetini could all be selected at 6 and I wouldn't be mad. If Valetini is at 6 then it also opens up the possibility of playing Cale at 8. At 7 though, it's McReight then daylight.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Why is the stance that Schmidt will only select Australian based players for the Wales and Georgia tests? Is he planning to change that policy for the rugby championship?

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
GQg_ps5XMAAKCd4

I wouldn't be worried about it

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Interesting. Most of the Japanese based players have returned to Australia over the last couple of weeks. Seems like it would be a couple of days difference to the other players who have joined the squad.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't follow the Japanese league so can't comment, was more just a general comment because I am sure Schmidt does follow them and the reasoning about their availability seems at odds with them being back in Australia.

Potentially none of them worth it.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't know how they view it, but their Japanese clubs are entitled to prevent them joining the squad until the international window.

The player's contracts may even enforce it