• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
he was very poor against the blues
He missed two kick offs and there are some here who claim those two incidents saw him left out of the squad. Interesting that the very next week, the Chiefs also had trouble with the kick off receipt where the lock clearly missed one and another the receiver misjudged thinking the ball would go out on the full only to see it land inside the line when he let it go.

Swain was more than adequate in other aspects in that semi-final. I think his omission would have more behind it than his performance in one game.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kurtley Beale injured playing for Randwick today:

Had to be helped from the field. Looks unlikely to be available for at least this game, though the fact that he was playing for Randwick probably suggests he wasn't getting selected.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
He missed two kick offs and there are some here who claim those two incidents saw him left out of the squad. Interesting that the very next week, the Chiefs also had trouble with the kick off receipt where the lock clearly missed one and another the receiver misjudged thinking the ball would go out on the full only to see it land inside the line when he let it go.

Swain was more than adequate in other aspects in that semi-final. I think his omission would have more behind it than his performance in one game.
Taking a kick off at lock is easy when there is no wind or the kicker can't do a spiral punt, in those situations it can become very tricky.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
So Angus Blyth is ahead of Ryan Smith in Schmidt’s pecking order. Very interesting.

Based on some of Schmidt’s comments about players he’s looking for, I figured Smith’s meat and potatoes style play was up his alley.

Blyth maybe seen as more of an arsehole though who can provide some x factor late in games and could be in for a bench cameo?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure you can make that jump without a reason given for Smith's departure - could be injury or personal issues that meant he had to withdraw himself. Might have to wait and see until there's an official update.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Will probably be able to surmise something depending if he ends up on Brothers team list or not this weekend coming.

Potentially a personal reason but the article didn’t mention injury as it had for some other players who aren’t available now.

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Test week is here. This is my team based on players available:

1. Hodgman*
2. Faesslar
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Frost
5. Salakai-Loto
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Daugunu
12. Paisami
13. Flook*
14. Kellaway
15. Wright
16. Pollard
17. Slipper
18. Tupou/Nonggorr
19. Blyth/Williams/Hooper*
20. Cale*
21. McDermott
22. Donaldson
23. Pietsch/Lancaster*

Only real selection questions for me are the bench lock and reserve outside back. I think Hodgman will start ahead of Slipper but I have no issue if it's the other way round with Slipper starting and Hodgman backing up. Tupou/Nonggorr is a toss up for me and I don't have an issue with either of them being in the 18 jersey. I think White will start due to his experience and combination with Lolesio. I had Ikitau starting with Daugunu in the 23 jersey but with Ikitau now out I think Flook will come in as the only other pure 13 in the squad with Daugunu on the wing so our starting backline isn't too inexperienced. Overall I'm very happy with the team we can put out, which will no doubt be bolstered for the RC with Bell, Skelton, Koroibete (potentially) and Ikitau coming back in.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'd start with Slipper because he might last 60 minutes or only 20. Although the ability to re-use a replaced prop does provide an alternative option.

I am thinking the starting halves will be White and Donaldson with Lolesio partnering McDermott off the bench. Nonggorr on the bench until Thor proves his fitness to play more than 20 minutes, and I'd have Hooper on the bench for his versatility.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I’d like to see:

Slipper
Faessler
AAA
Frost
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Hooper
McReight
Valetini
McDermott
Lolesio
Kellaway
Paisami
Flook
Daugunu
Wright

Pollard
Hodgman