• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He was the only back able to penetrate. Ikitau also slipped through a few tackles but Paisami was the only one to really stress their line. I doubt Stewart would do as much. If anything play Stewart at 10.
TBH I don't recall any stress at all being applied to the Bokke defensive line. Paisami's issues imo are that he doesn't play as a team man. He has one style of play only and that is to go it alone. When he doesn't make his breaks like last weekend, he is of very little value to the team. I have never been a fan of Hamish Stewart, but right now I think we have to try something different at 12 to see if the ball can get to our outside backs with a bit more space and regularity. I would replace Paisami with Stewart in this next match but not with a lot of confidence it will be better.

EDIT : I recognise the halves are also part of the problem in not using our backline to any effect. The continual kicking is apparently part of the game plan, but it is absolutely counter productive in the hands of Gordon and Lolesio. Simply gifts the ball back to the opposition 19 times out of 20.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
my 2 cents
Fatty - Williams and Frost will be out this week as they have concussion protocols to go through.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Blyth, Canham are then only designated second rowers fit for this weekend. Then you have Wilson, Bobby V, Uru, Reimer, Tizzano and Hooper to pick for the back row and finishers.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Fatty - Williams and Frost will be out this week as they have concussion protocols to go through.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Blyth, Canham are then only designated second rowers fit for this weekend. Then you have Wilson, Bobby V, Uru, Reimer, Tizzano and Hooper to pick for the back row and finishers.
ffs the carnage has begun

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
100% agree with that team FP, except that Williams is unavailable, so I would have Canham come onto the bench

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Even your lord and saviour Kerevi (on '23 form) would be 4th on that list...
The 2023 Kerevi, yes. But at least he's a player that in form can match any inside centre in the world.

The RA benefactors should invest their money in Kerevi, Skelton, Rory Arnold and Koroibete. If all them play in Australia you can manage their game time in order to avoid injuries

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Marce, I normally tolerate and sometimes even enjoy your posts. It's good to have diverse, international opinions on here, especially from Argentina.
I'm not from Argentina. I talk about RA and I'm not a poser or a rookie. I know what'a the real problem and how deep is. Maybe that's what bothers some

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Honestly I can see why Schmidt would bring in Sam Carter ahead of a guy like Darcy Swain who at least has a bit of mongrel in him. I can only assume it's cause swain isn't match fit?
That is an act of madness and whoever is advising Schmidt about player potential has got this seriously wrong. Swain is a far better lock than Carter any day and Canham is talented but too light for this game. Nongorr should start with Bell and BPA, AAA to the bench. Swain and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) locks (not a huge fan but who else is there?) Uru 7, Wilson 8 Valetini 6.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
That is an act of madness and whoever is advising Schmidt about player potential has got this seriously wrong. Swain is a far better lock than Carter any day and Canham is talented but too light for this game. Nongorr should start with Bell and BPA, AAA to the bench. Swain and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) locks (not a huge fan but who else is there?) Uru 7, Wilson 8 Valetini 6.
Before you start I know Swain is not in camp and therefore can't play...

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Please explain why a guy who is bigger and fast enough, against possibly the largest back row with a 5 who is also a backrower is an act of madness????????? Sometimes I wonder about you guys.
The fact that Uru has never played 7 in his professional career (I'm fairly sure) is probably a good enough reason to call it madness.

I also don't think he's quite as mobile as you're giving him credit for.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_4074.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

The stats for Paisami (and others) from the weekend. By no means a great game but I’m struggling to work out how in a game were our forwards got towelled and our halves were rubbish and he at least coverred the basics of his job - probably better than anyone else (against a very low bar) he is a focus point for some on here.

Wallabies had plenty of issues on the weekend. I would have thought Paisami was a long way down the list.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Please explain why a guy who is bigger and fast enough, against possibly the largest back row with a 5 who is also a backrower is an act of madness????????? Sometimes I wonder about you guys.
Because he's never played 7 before, it's not fair on him and I fail to see what it would add. South Africa's backrow is well balanced with genuine roles for all 3, whereas you're just gonna throw a lock/blindside out there with no plan

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
Until we get better 9-10s we will struggle
Bell and tupou our only world class props and must be bought in as soon as avaluable
Missing mcreight more then I thought - his value has certainly increased
Need korobete back asap in the back 3
Have not changed in thinking Kerevi and Skelton must be bought back in! Skelton for the scrum while Kerevi will get over the gainline and provide confidence for the 10 like he did for cooper in 2021

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
The fact that Uru has never played 7 in his professional career (I'm fairly sure) is probably a good enough reason to call it madness.

I also don't think he's quite as mobile as you're giving him credit for.
When our backrow was completely out muscled and outplayed regardless of the brain-dead media singing Tizzano's praises his effort was in defence and not in the ruck. We need to put out a team that can compete at the breakdown and not give away penalties at scrum time. Valetini looked very quiet in the 1st half but had a good second half, I thought Wilson was average both sides of the half by which time the game was gone.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I believe he played 7 for Australia A last year (or wore the 7 jersey at least) and, from all accounts was very good.
He played at 8 vs both Tonga and Portugal I thought - the team lists corroborate this

Reactions: TSR