• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
Paisami was definitely knocked back a few times but defending in the centres against those bok players is probably one of the hardest jobs in world rugby. From memory he and Len were essentially able to deal with it and the tries we let in were through the forwards and a bit of broken play around the back three. I wouldn’t even hold anyone individually responsible for those though. It was a xv on xv thing.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Paisami giving away that penalty on his own line by clearly crawling on the ground was diabolical though. You'd be mad if a subbies player did that, let alone the starting 12 for the Wallabies

Rugby Head

Billy Sheehan (19)
Think we are stuffed regardless, here's my team:

1. Bell
2. Faessler
3. AAAA
4. Hooper
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Would prefer him on the bench but big ask for Canham
6. Valetini
7. Reimer
8. Uru
9. Gordon
10. Donaldson
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard
17. Kailea
18. Thor (Touch wood)
19. Canham
20. Hooper
21. McDerott
22. Lynagh
23. Flook

Hoping we bring in the following players for the remainder of the RC:

Skelton
Rory Arnold
Matt Phillip?
Samu Kerevi
Rob Leota
BPA

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Personally I'd go with:

1. Kailea
2. Pollard
3. Nonggorr
4. Blyth
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Reimer
8. Wilson
9. Gordon (c)
10. Lynagh
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Toole
15. Kellaway

16. Faessler
17. Bell
18. AAA (unless Tupou avaliable)
19. Hooper
20. Uru
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Wright

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He's pretty good over the ball, but I get what you're saying

Personally I don't think we should shoehorn a guy in because he's bigger. There needs to be a plan around it
He is decent over the ball, is a lineout target and is very busy. He has a lot of involvements both sides of the ball. Tizzano struggled to get into the game until it opened up a bit late. Better to have he or Reimer on the bench.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Think we are stuffed regardless, here's my team:

1. Bell
2. Faessler
3. AAAA
4. Hooper
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Would prefer him on the bench but big ask for Canham
6. Valetini
7. Reimer
8. Uru
9. Gordon
10. Donaldson
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard
17. Kailea
18. Thor (Touch wood)
19. Canham
20. Hooper
21. McDerott
22. Lynagh
23. Flook

Hoping we bring in the following players for the remainder of the RC:

Skelton
Rory Arnold
Matt Phillip?
Samu Kerevi
Rob Leota
BPA
Planning on bringing back Michael Hooper?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think muscle up at 7 early with Uru and bring on a fetcher later in the game unless Wright is good to go. I would start AAA and Slipper as they have the most experience and likely can at least hold the scrum long enough to get the ball in and out. We need one or two changes at 9/10 to give us a little more direction. Not sure it will happen as Tate was flustered when he came on and it may be too early for Lynagh to start?
Looking for a better performance this week.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
He is decent over the ball, is a lineout target and is very busy. He has a lot of involvements both sides of the ball. Tizzano struggled to get into the game until it opened up a bit late. Better to have he or Reimer on the bench.
I honestly thought Tizzano was pretty good all things considered. The tight 5 were completely overrun so I doubt even Pocock could have had much luck over the ball. He toiled well and will be better for the experience. Playing Uru at 7 would do him a disservice much like Hooper last year

We are so quick to give up on guys after one opportunity

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Our forwards got smashed at the set piece and at the ruck. It looks as though Frost and Williams will not be available so we need to muscle up. Tizzano may get further opportunities to start but I think he and Reimer are better suited to coming off the bench. Joe likes to have a fetcher in there so on the other hand he may get another start if both McReight and Wright are still not available.
Unfortunately we just do not have the depth of an SA or England or NZ where the next cab off the rank is at the same or a similar level, especially when we have 2 or more injuries in the same position.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Paisami is the worst inside centre in the competition by far

1 Damian de Allende
2 Jordie Barrett
3 Santiago Chocobares

4 Hunter Paisami
Even your lord and saviour Kerevi (on '23 form) would be 4th on that list...

It's all well and good to perpetually talk absolute garbage, but at some point you surely have to recognise we're working with what we've got. Paisami is so far down the list of stand-out issues from Saturday's game.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Paisami is the worst inside centre in the competition by far

1 Damian de Allende
2 Jordie Barrett
3 Santiago Chocobares

4 Hunter Paisami
Marce, I normally tolerate and sometimes even enjoy your posts. It's good to have diverse, international opinions on here, especially from Argentina.

But fuck, you are getting on my nerves, we know we're shit. We know we're absolute garbage. Why do you think it's your god given task to educate the last few long suffering Wallabies supporters that their team is actually even shitter than they realise?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
my 2 cents

1. Bell (if he is fit, let him start, go hard and then replace)
2. Faessler
3. Nonggorr
4. Blyth
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Uru
7. Reimer
8. Valetini
9. Gordon (c)
10.Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Stewart
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard
17. Kailea
18. AAA
19. Williams
20. Hooper
21. McDermott
22. Lynagh
23. Toole

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Even your lord and saviour Kerevi (on '23 form) would be 4th on that list...

It's all well and good to perpetually talk absolute garbage, but at some point you surely have to recognise we're working with what we've got. Paisami is so far down the list of stand-out issues from Saturday's game.
He was the only back able to penetrate. Ikitau also slipped through a few tackles but Paisami was the only one to really stress their line. I doubt Stewart would do as much. If anything play Stewart at 10.