• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
With Toole having done press this week I reckon he's the best chance of coming in of the back 3 players. There has been some talk that Koroibete's fitness might be not quite where they want it too, which might count against him for a 6-2, which is what Doran has Schmidt going with.

Though if they do go 6-2 it's hard to see any back 3 other than Daugunu, Kellaway and Wright to give them coverage and freedom to pick a 10 on the bench.

Hogan

Allen Oxlade (6)
It’s the only place to find consistency. Every young 10 has gone through struggles early on, it’s part of the process

Disagree with your view on Donaldson’s season. Thought he was constantly better than Noah was , and in a much worse team
Yes agree Tomthumb. Donaldson had a terrific season behind an often beaten pack. And I believe he won the team’s Best and Fairest by quite a margin. Couldn’t have been too inconsistent.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
With Toole having done press this week I reckon he's the best chance of coming in of the back 3 players. There has been some talk that Koroibete's fitness might be not quite where they want it too, which might count against him for a 6-2, which is what Doran has Schmidt going with.

Though if they do go 6-2 it's hard to see any back 3 other than Daugunu, Kellaway and Wright to give them coverage and freedom to pick a 10 on the bench.
sometimes "doing press work" means the starters are freed of the workload

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
But, what about all those people who said it was a dumb idea and no one would attend?
It's hard to tell how much it's the afternoon time slot and how much it's down to Brisbane only having one test this year and none since last year off the back of a resurgent and (probably more importantly) re-engaged Reds. Certainly we'll see this used as an argument out of certain parts of the press who seemed to be obsessed with afternoon rugby as a reason for more of it, I'm far from convinced.

That said I don't have much issue with the club/school clash of afternoon rugby, I'm just not a huge fan of it for big games like tests, it very selfishly doesn't suit my schedule. More broadly though I'm not sure it is the silver bullet for crowds that it's claimed to be, particularly in situations other than this where the broadcaster prefers night time games.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
ESPN is suggesting that Koroibete and Bell will not play this week and that Lolesio is expected to be at 10.

I think that will be right on Koro and Bell but wrong on Lolesio based on other information.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
It's hard to tell how much it's the afternoon time slot and how much it's down to Brisbane only having one test this year and none since last year off the back of a resurgent and (probably more importantly) re-engaged Reds. Certainly we'll see this used as an argument out of certain parts of the press who seemed to be obsessed with afternoon rugby as a reason for more of it, I'm far from convinced.
I would have thought Suncorp would sell out for NZ and SA (and England and Ireland - any team with a significant away team presence) no matter if it's played in the afternoon or evening. Same for Moore Park and MRS

The bigger stadiums in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne might not quite get there.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
It will be 10 weeks since Tizzano last played a pro game. He can't have had many training sessions with the team.

Big ask for a 7 in his debut, and only against the World Champs. I wonder if the plan is for him to play 80?

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I think ticker is the one area Tizzano is almost certainly not going to be found wanting in.

Ticker is one thing - but McReight is usually the bloke making big plays in the last 10mins to release the pressure valve a bit.

Need to have something in the tank to do that. If the 6-2 bench split is being considered I'd imagine Tizzano might get a break.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
There has been some talk that Koroibete's fitness might be not quite where they want it too, which might count against him for a 6-2, which is what Doran has Schmidt going with.

That’s interesting. Is he hurt? He is apparently an incredible trainer but might be the sort of guy who can switch off when not in camp.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That’s interesting. Is he hurt? He is apparently an incredible trainer but might be the sort of guy who can switch off when not in camp.

I'd say him not playing a game of rugby since late May would be the driving factor.

I'd assume there aren't issues with his actual fitness levels but it's the lack of any matches or contact sessions until he joined the squad.