• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Interesting lunch date; Kolisi, JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper)
May be an image of 4 people
Well done boys, filling Siya up on dodgy Moreton Bay oysters. I wonder if the lass is the background is called Suzie?

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
And as far as Tom Wright's kicking ability goes, I am confident to say that he has more distance with his boot than Daugunu and is probably our leading exponent of achieving 50/22 territory gains.
Whoomp, there it is. You're becoming too predictable BR.

Reactions: dru

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OK, your opinion. That's fine. but you are suggesting dropping one of our most effective kickers in the back three and having an extremely inconsistent kicker take some of that responsibility. And as far as Tom Wright's kicking ability goes, I am confident to say that he has more distance with his boot than Daugunu and is probably our leading exponent of achieving 50/22 territory gains.
Have we had any in Tests thus far?
Sample size of 0 or 1 may not reach statistical significance. :cool:

dru

David Wilson (68)
Thought I might recognise the innovation of Rassie and the Boks.

Not just the bomb squad but the depth within the pack to cover injuries to the back, multiple position options to elements of the backline. And the way it was implemented. Serious innovation, quite breathtaking. Just have to recognise brilliance like this.

You just can't simply "focus on our own game". Wallabies fronting this will be fascinating. Bring it on, and let's hope the Lang Park crowd is the home advantage it can be - dialled up to 11.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
If wiki is correct Tizzano is shorter and lighter than Michael Hooper.

He must be the "smallest" Wallaby forward for a while?

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I like the Tizzano call. Can’t be picking players out of position and Tizzano is the best genuine 7 in the squad. I think he’s going to surprise people

Also happy that Donaldson is getting the 10 jersey. He’s been the best 10 in Aus this year and if he can iron out his inconsistent play at test level with experience I feel he’s up to it

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
I like Tizzano being selected, mans got some dog about him and will tackle anything that moves. Hopefully we select either Hooper or Williams at 6 to add some size to the pack to make up for Tizzano's size, but you lose nothing on the defensive side having him there instead of McReight.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Hopefully Rassie sees this as the development opportunity for his side this year after a huge Ireland series, and home games against the Argies.

Just like 2022, I think we are a shout against the second side, but we can't live with the top team.
Yeah.....he did not see the first test as a development opportunity

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
It'll be a trial by fire but with Tupou out I think we need to start Kailea with Ala'alatoa to ensure our bench front row isn't completely inexperienced coming on. This also assumes Bell isn't picked. My pack would be:

1. Kailea
2. Faesslar
3. Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Frost
5. Salakai-Loto
6. Williams
7. Tizzano
8. Valetini

16. Pollard
17. Slipper
18. Nonggorr
19. Blyth