• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I honestly don't get how Donaldson dodges all the criticism that gets thrown at Noah for doing the exact same shit. Blows my mind. He was awful verse Georgia.
He was the most criticised player in Australia last year, he hardly dodged criticism. He hasn’t had nearly the amount of chances Noah has gotten, and He possesses the raw skills to be really good

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He was the most criticised player in Australia last year, he hardly dodged criticism. He hasn’t had nearly the amount of chances Noah has gotten, and He possesses the raw skills to be really good
He does have great distribution skills and a nose for a gap but he is inconsistent, particularly under pressure. They will never be under more pressure than this weekend. Mind you, Lolesio is not great under pressure either. Lynagh on the bench?

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

"Ben-Jason"?

giphy.gif

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
He does have great distribution skills and a nose for a gap but he is inconsistent, particularly under pressure. They will never be under more pressure than this weekend. Mind you, Lolesio is not great under pressure either. Lynagh on the bench?
Inconsistency is to be expected while he is inexperienced. He had his best Super season this year because he was playing 10 every game instead of the musical chairs they played at the Tahs

We know who Noah is at this stage, only way to find out if Donaldson is better is to play him

Yoda

Bob Loudon (25)
Inconsistency is to be expected while he is inexperienced. He had his best Super season this year because he was playing 10 every game instead of the musical chairs they played at the Tahs

We know who Noah is at this stage, only way to find out if Donaldson is better is to play him
Agree. Noah has had 20 Tests at 10, Donaldson a handful…

Yoda

Bob Loudon (25)
I honestly don't get how Donaldson dodges all the criticism that gets thrown at Noah for doing the exact same shit. Blows my mind. He was awful verse Georgia.
Hardly. Noah has had way more Tests and still hasn’t nailed the position. Eddie picked Donaldson at 15 ahead of Kellaway and not taking QC (Quade Cooper).Probably didn’t help him. That was controversial. He has talent just needs more time in the Test arena in the 10 position.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

I like Donaldsons speed and his ability to distribute but this is not the place to find consistency. That should be done at Super Rugby level. He was inconsistent this year at the Force. Had some good games and some bad ones. Noah was solid for the most part.
It’s another sink or swim scenario for Donaldson. I hope he goes better this time.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I like Donaldsons speed and his ability to distribute but this is not the place to find consistency. That should be done at Super Rugby level. He was inconsistent this year at the Force. Had some good games and some bad ones. Noah was solid for the most part.
It’s another sink or swim scenario for Donaldson. I hope he goes better this time.
It’s the only place to find consistency. Every young 10 has gone through struggles early on, it’s part of the process

Disagree with your view on Donaldson’s season. Thought he was constantly better than Noah was , and in a much worse team

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I feel like Donaldson is another placeholder. Like the couple of coaches before him, Schmidt has seen Lolesio look the best at Super Rugby level and then seemingly not have a higher ceiling than that at test level. It will be interesting to see whether he goes back there or whether Lolesio struggles to get another start.

I'm not sure Donaldson really has the game either to really hold down the 10 role for any length of time. My view is that the next long term 10 is either Lynagh, McLaughlin-Phillips or someone we're not overly aware of yet (which would suck because it means they're a fair way off getting the gig).

I think Jack Bowen has huge promise as well but at this stage his goal kicking is a bit of a disaster. That will need to improve a lot.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Christy's rumours have dropped:
1. Kailea
2. Faessler
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Frost
5. Salakaia-Loto
7. Tizzano
9. Gordon
10. Donaldson
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
I like it. Put a genuine jumper at 6 and you can potentially look to disrupt the boks lineout like Ireland did considering their missing Mostert. As good as he is in open play, Snyman is not a good lineout caller and hopefully Frost and co can cause some havoc there to make up for the absolute dicking our scrum is going to receive. Big fan of the consistency in the midfield as well, there'll be no easy way through Paisami and Ikitau. Hopefully Gordon can carry his form from the July tests and put up some contestable box kicks so we can exploit the height advantage that Kellaway has over Arendse and Kolbe. I'm not confident we'll win, but I'm loving the consistency in selection and it's clear we actually have a gameplan now that is trying to play to our strengths.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Christy's rumours have dropped:
1. Kailea
2. Faessler
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Frost
5. Salakaia-Loto
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Donaldson
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14/15. Kellaway/Wright
Hearing Jeremy Williams in the 23 somewhere.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interested to see whether we see one or more debuts.

Seems pretty certain that based on media and comments from Schmidt that Toole and Jorgensen are both not far away from playing for the Wallabies.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Interested to see whether we see one or more debuts.

Seems pretty certain that based on media and comments from Schmidt that Toole and Jorgensen are both not far away from playing for the Wallabies.
No real gaps with Koroibete coming in and Daugunu not deserving being dropped but we'll see. Let's say Daugunu is dropped, that allows Toole/Jorgensen to be on the bench. With Koroibete starting. Filling in the gaps from above:
1. Kailea
2. Faessler
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Frost
5. Salakaia-Loto
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Donaldson
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14/15. Kellaway/Wright
16. Nasser
17. Bell
18. Nonggorr
19. Williams
20. Hooper
21. McDermott
22. Lolesio
23. Jorgensen

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also from Doran...

Mystery also surrounds the availability of Taniela Tupou.

Tupou trained fully on Tuesday and was with the Wallabies on Wednesday, but a News Corp report said the giant tight-head prop would miss the Test because of a death in the family.

Should Tupou be ruled out, it’s likely Zane Nonggorr, who debuted against the Springboks during the Wallabies’ heavy first-up loss in Pretoria last year, would come onto the bench.

It’s believed Schmidt is strongly weighing up a forwards-heavy 6-2 bench split.