• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Instead of a pre-match motivational speech by Deans or some other prominent figure, just show this replay to the players

Don't think these games would be more of a motivator, ie what you DON'T want to happen?

30 August 2008 Ellis Park Johannesburg 8-53

or how about

23 August 1997 Loftus Versfeld Pretoria 22-61 (incidentally that was the last time I went to Loftus - boohoo me).

:)

Just kidding. Seriously, I don't think players or coaches really pay any attention to past results like these.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
+1

Also interesting that everyone on the Rugby Club tipped the Wallabies. And Canno was back, truly a heartwarming sight to see him in the studio.

Yeah, although overshadowed by Paul's continued childish hysterics.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Knuckles using a team developed by former coaches and doing nothing to develop depth. Yep stellar job and great result in the WC

Lets get the useless c**t back and sack deans

Did you think that Knuckles should have started developing depth when he got the job only a year out from the RWC?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Hodgson injured so McCalman onto the bench...

Meh, no loss. Hodgson has had 0 impact at international and test level. Would have preferred Higgers on the bench but I would say McCalman has the match fitness on him (Not that the bench will be used anyway...).

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Meh, no loss. Hodgson has had 0 impact at international and test level. Would have preferred Higgers on the bench but I would say McCalman has the match fitness on him (Not that the bench will be used anyway...).

Setting aside that Higgers wins your vote because he's a Red, you'd have to agree that Hodgson would have needed an opportunity this year to have an impact?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
My point stands anyway, he hasn't had an impact - game time or not. So we don't exactly know if we are missing anything.

D

daz

Well, I have organised for my wife and kids to be out of the house on Saturday afternoon, my neighbours have been apologised to in advance for potential noise pollution, and the cops have been told not to respond to concerns over blood curdling screams and the sounds of breaking furniture coming out of my house.

One way or another, I'm going to be making some noise.....

Final predictions:

Wobs by 14. MOTM will be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Robbie Deans will say we still have room to improve and PdV will claim yet another conspiracy.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well after my ranting and frothing at the mouth this week, I am finally starting to look forward to the game. My negative feelings are forced into the background by the euphoria of my pending Rugby fix.

Rip in Wallabies, live in the moment!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I am afraid that the worthy Dr Grant has correctly identified the symptoms then made the wrong diagnosis.

I suspect I'm in a sub-group which has only one member, but I am convinced that the underlying reason why our team cannot sustain intensity over 80 minutes is that there is not enough emphasis on strength training in their conditioning.

Some weeks ago I posted an article on the blog titled, "Wallabies: the right conditioning for the 3Ns?" In it I pointed out that in the 8 Wallabies-All Blacks Tests since Robbie Deans has taken over the Wallabies have led at half time on 6 occasions. However, they have lost 7 out of 8 second halves and 7 out of 8 matches! The only time they won the second half and the match was the first match after Deans and his assistants had taken over.

The fact that in their current conditioning, every one of the players is fitted with a GPS tracking device to "record the intensity of their training" is indicative of an obsession with aerobic fitness.

Traditionally Australian rugby has placed less emphasis on strength and physicality than any of the other major rugby nations and this tendency has become more pronounced in the Deans era. This is not the way that Deans's Crusaders teams were prepared. At Canterbury legendary conditioner Ashley Jones is a great advocate of strongman training like farmer's walks and tractor tyre flipping.

Make that now a sub group of three, though I think that mental "fitness" is as much an issue as physical. We just take our foot off the gas far too often in big games to consistently win. I'm prepared to put some of that down to youth and not having the match time yet at the top level to close those matches out, but at some point we need to develop that ability.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Well, I have organised for my wife and kids to be out of the house on Saturday afternoon, my neighbours have been apologised to in advance for potential noise pollution, and the cops have been told not to respond to concerns over blood curdling screams and the sounds of breaking furniture coming out of my house.

One way or another, I'm going to be making some noise.....

Final predictions:

Wobs by 14. MOTM will be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Robbie Deans will say we still have room to improve and PdV will claim yet another conspiracy.

So that's what it's like in your house too eh? :)

I was banned from watching us play the All Blacks for a period of time when the kids were in the house because of the dark shade of blue that my language into at game time. During the 2nd England game, I literally started throwing things around the room, I was so annoyed. I really need to get some help with that unbridled rage at some point ;)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
So that's what it's like in your house too eh? :)

I was banned from watching us play the All Blacks for a period of time when the kids were in the house because of the dark shade of blue that my language into at game time. During the 2nd England game, I literally started throwing things around the room, I was so annoyed. I really need to get some help with that unbridled rage at some point ;)

Just start playing again! If you expel all your anger on the park, by the time you watch the game you're too tired to do any serious harm to objects/people in your house.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Just start playing again! If you expel all your anger on the park, by the time you watch the game you're too tired to do any serious harm to objects/people in your house.

The old body is too clapped out to be running around on a rugby paddock these days, sadly :)

D

daz

No can do DPK. Old and broken, I am.

If we lose, apart from having to spend my annual bonus on replacing furniture and pets, if I come into work and anyone even dares say something to me about the game, I'll fucking sack them on the spot.

How's that for expelling anger...?

Status
Not open for further replies.