• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies V Samoa - Test 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wouldn't mind seeing the Aussies get beaten, just to teach them to show more respect. Genia, Beale, Vickerman to hopefully come on soon

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not watching but getting live score on fox and will watch it tonight. Where are we losing it?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Half Time. 17-10 to Samoa.
Kepu: Involved a few times so far, nothing brilliant but holding well.
Moore: Been quiet, good throwing however.
Timani: Been involved but hasn't made an impact as of yet.
Elsom: Done relatively nothing, been looking for him but he doesn't seem to be there apart from the one run.
Hodgson: Ineffective, getting rolled by Samoan back row.
McCalman: IMO best forward so far, made good runs and a few decent tackles.

Backline has been shit, Phipps good early on and towards the end but ordinary during the middle part of the half, Giteau looks like he needs a compass, McCabe had a few good tackles and running straight to no avail, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has gone missing, Ioane been decent with solid try, Davies out-muscled so far and shown up in defence, Gerrard ordinary except for a few good kicks.

Need Genia and Beale on ASAP.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
This is a great reason why you should pick your best possible team every time. Next week our "best" team will struggle with their combinations in a match that really counts.

No standouts for me so far but I have a question about rules.
When Gits attempted his first penalty the 7 for Samoa ran about 20m towards him, all others were still as it was a penalty, not a conversion. What is the ruling on this? is he allowed to move, if not should the attempt be retaken?

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Samoa's disclipline has been shocking, they've had about ten final warnings.

If it was me there would be 3 people on yellows and two on Reds by now

Although I just love brandishing a card

F

Fredfreduels

In the backs Ioane, Giteau and McCabe are playing well whilst Gerrard and Ashley Cooper have been solid. Phipps is having a nightmare and Davies is not doing great. What is happening at the breakdown, at one point it was Giteau vs the Samoan forwards?

F

Fredfreduels

With regard to qwerty's question.

They went for the tries instead of kicking at goal (insult to the Samoan defence in assuming they could walk through).

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Two penalties from 20m out and they kick for touch. They can't just walk into a match and expect that being the Wallabies means they will win, you can't tell me that if this was the AB's they wouldn't have kicked for goal.. Then again Giteau was still likely to miss

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Two penalties from 20m out and they kick for touch. They can't just walk into a match and expect that being the Wallabies means they will win, you can't tell me that if this was the AB's they wouldn't have kicked for goal.. Then again Giteau was still likely to miss

The ABs DEFINITELY would not have kicked for goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.