• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Lancaster also got burnt for speed then and on a couple of other occasions. I'm pretty sure the break down the LHS referred to by Slim above, he (Lancaster) was easily run down from behind. Don't think he is any chance of displacing Kellaway or Daugunu anytime soon. I do think that Pietsch offers more out wide and we have yet to see how Corey Toole might go at this level.

House is on Fire

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree and understand but this ain't basketball. You cant fun at full speed and jump like that. To get the Hight and turn the body to protect your face the knee will raise.

It is what it is. Charge down a kick without staying stiff as a board and it's a risk red card. We are not going to change the laws. Let's just hope it's consistent.

What I thought was ridiculous was Dalton's version of use it. 2 seconds ? Every other ref allows 5-7 seconds at least once use it is called. Thats so inconsistent. It should be a standard set by world rugby. Not use it, 2, give me the ball
Dalton's "use it" calls were fantastic and all referees should look to this game for how to manage that aspect. He called "use it" when the ball was fist available. That gives the scrum half 5 seconds to remove the ball. After 3 seconds he called "2" to indicate two seconds remain as a courtesy to the scrum half. Two seconds later he blew his whistle. Perfectly managed.

5 seconds from the "use it" call is the standard set by world rugby.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Dalton's "use it" calls were fantastic and all referees should look to this game for how to manage that aspect. He called "use it" when the ball was fist available. That gives the scrum half 5 seconds to remove the ball. After 3 seconds he called "2" to indicate two seconds remain as a courtesy to the scrum half. Two seconds later he blew his whistle. Perfectly managed.

I like the message in this post even though the referee was one James Doleman, not Dalton.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
21,000 per Doran - less than half full

1721539157448.png

Last edited:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The backs looked pretty disjointed most of the day. When they got it right it was terrific, but there were long periods where our attack really lacked penetration. Some of the kicking was below par early on as well.

The forwards on the other hand, especially the back row and Frost, were pretty excellent. The set pieces were solid, we looked mostly good in contact and got plenty of go forward ball. That Bobby V try off the line out was absolute class and exactly what you want from your pigs in open play off a set piece. Our breakdown discipline could do with some work though.

That first 20 minutes was excellent across the park and what we should be aiming for every week. We never really looked like losing that game and had it not been for a couple of pretty arsey tries for Georgia the margin could have been a lot higher.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

Nah it's inconsistent. So your saying he does it right any everyone else does it wrong ? It should be the same for all refs. Thats the issue. Not the fact he called them for not using it. I guess you're saying the same thing. I just ate the inconsistency between refs on basic things that should be textbook and consistent

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Nah it's inconsistent. So your saying he does it right any everyone else does it wrong ? It should be the same for all refs. Thats the issue. Not the fact he called them for not using it
100% lack of consistency in officiating
Is a massive source of frustration for fans. It's where rugby does extremely poorly compared to NRL

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
And isn't that three games in a row where he's given away penalties (for foul play) contesting his opposite number? Of course that same 'eagerness' did result in a try the game before...
I cant say I have focused on him while at the Rebels but as soon as he was signed to the Reds my first thought was here come yellow cards. He was a bit prone to tip tackles while he was at the Reds.

I think there was a tweet today along the lines of 38 cards in 40 matches for the Wallabies as a team??? Would this be close to correct?

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
100% lack of consistency in officiating
Is a massive source of frustration for fans. It's where rugby does extremely poorly compared to NRL
Thats it. And it usualy feels we get the raw end of the consistency. I know that's not true and it's just how a supporter is going to feel. The amount of times I've seen us get a red and then someone else do the exact same thing and it's a penalty, or when Izzy was the best player in the world under the high ball they seemed to protect everyone except him under the high ball and he was taken out consistently. Pockock used to get crock/necked rolled every other ruck and we never got the call. It's because I'm focusing on our players but if it's consistent it takes this away some what.

League is just too one dimensional for me. Not sure how it's gotten so popular.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
There is a match report with a chance to rate the players in the blog.

Reactions: TSR

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree and understand but this ain't basketball. You cant fun at full speed and jump like that. To get the Hight and turn the body to protect your face the knee will raise.

It is what it is. Charge down a kick without staying stiff as a board and it's a risk red card. We are not going to change the laws. Let's just hope it's consistent.

What I thought was ridiculous was Dalton's version of use it. 2 seconds ? Every other ref allows 5-7 seconds at least once use it is called. Thats so inconsistent. It should be a standard set by world rugby. Not use it, 2, give me the ball
Doleman called use it, then called out 2 when their 9 wasn't playing it.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Doleman called use it, then called out 2 when their 9 wasn't playing it.
I don't often think Doleman does a good job, however he was consistent with both teams on the 5 seconds after a use it call. Set the tone early with a penalty against Georgia.

He did also seem to want a moving game and little stoppage

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
League is just too one dimensional for me. Not sure how it's gotten so popular.
Therein lies the issue with refs. It is a very complex game and a lot of it is interpretation due to continuous (?) play, then add in the breakdown and at many levels it can be a dog's breakfast depending on the players and the weather.