• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
And then Lancaster has to stop his run to get under the ball as it takes it's right angle turn. Very difficult spot to be in for him.

I'm a bit more sympathetic than I was an hour ago
More sympathetic to Lancaster, yes, but I think still should've been covered by Wright and Ikitau regardless - although noting that Wright had to check his run as mentioned previously.

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
More sympathetic to Lancaster, yes, but I think still should've been covered by Wright and Ikitau regardless - although noting that Wright had to check his run as mentioned previously.
the one person here who failed in assignment is lancaster and lancaster only. we dont need 3 blokes running to drop zone of a kick. he clocks off and is found out

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
the one person here who failed in assignment is lancaster and lancaster only. we dont need 3 blokes running to drop zone of a kick. he clocks off and is found out
You don’t think the fullback needs to run hard to cover at the back? The position is called fullback.

It was a turnover so everyone’s in the wrong spot but if you’re telling me the fullback doesn’t need to run for that and it’s actually solely the tight wingers problem then I think you’re beyond reasoning with.

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
You don’t think the fullback needs to run hard to cover at the back? The position is called fullback.

It was a turnover so everyone’s in the wrong spot but if you’re telling me the fullback doesn’t need to run for that and it’s actually solely the tight wingers problem then I think you’re beyond reasoning with.
work to space, trust the winger to get to the drop zone, realign in support or counter attack. its not under 5s where everyone honeypots to the ball

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Let's say Lancaster makes the catch - if no one's running back in support, he's got no one to offload to, no one to support him at the breakdown, and no one onside to chase a clearing kick.

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
Let's say Lancaster makes the catch - if no one's running back in support, he's got no one to offload to, no one to support him at the breakdown, and no one onside to chase a clearing kick.
jesus. run to space, trust the wing to get to the drop zone. realign for support or counter. Lancaster clocked off and were trying to blame others for not doing what he should have completed.

But its cool to blame tom wright for everything in this space

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
jesus how dense are you blokes. run to space, trust the wing to get to the drop zone. realign for support or counter. Lancaster clocked off and were trying to blame others for not doing what he should have completed
Your argument is based on the premise that Lancaster was in clear air. He was not, and it was clear very early on that the take would be contested and, even if Lancaster won the contest, he would soon be tackled and require support.

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
And in your opinion Wright was ‘working to space’. Looked like jogging to the ball to me.

Are you a troll?

Your argument is based on the premise that Lancaster was in clear air. He was not, and it was clear very early on that the take would be contested and, even if Lancaster won the contest, he would soon be tackled and require support.
he clocked off early and jogged there. but by all means give him a free pass.

i get it, you both hate tom wright and want to blame him. just own it

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)

You haven’t answered my question. Are you a troll?

No one is giving Lancaster a free pass for that but remind me how Wright was working to space:

Attachments

• IMG_4458.jpeg
    IMG_4458.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 32

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)

No one is giving Lancaster a free pass... either one of Lancaster or Wright (both jogging) should have covered that ball or made the tackle. The initial comment you responded to simply agreed with the point that the weather conditions (which, until then, had not been raised), may have been part of the reason as to why both of them got burned...

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
You haven’t answered my question. Are you a troll?

No one is giving Lancaster a free pass for that but remind me how Wright was working to space:
old still shot mate. lancaster butchered this and the blame has been passed onto wright for not fixing it.

Wright is actually moving faster on the video than lancaster too. still wont show that part. he clearly tracks to the ball late when he sees the pressure come on from the georgian.

im not a troll, im however like to analyse rugby through non partisan state lines. novel approach but thats just me.

this sits on lancaster not having a crack from the kick. you can blame the others all you like but as a semi elite coach i can tell you exactly who failed on their assignment here and it isn't wright

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
No one is giving Lancaster a free pass... either one of Lancaster or Wright (both jogging) should have covered that ball or made the tackle. The initial comment you responded to simply agreed with the point that the weather conditions (which, until then, had not been raised), may have been part of the reason as to why both of them got burned...
your words

"More sympathetic to Lancaster, yes, but I think still should've been covered by Wright and Ikitau regardless"

you're apportioning blame to guys who didn't fix lancasters balls up. that's a free pass

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
your words

"More sympathetic to Lancaster, yes, but I think still should've been covered by Wright and Ikitau regardless"

you're apportioning blame to guys who didn't fix lancasters balls up. that's a free pass
Yes, sympathy ≠ a free pass. I'm apportioning blame to the two individuals covering the kick - also noting it may be understandable that they both misjudged the ball's flight due to the weather (hence the note of sympathy for Lancaster, who was primarily covering the drop zone), but both should have made more of an effort to get there.

You criticise Lancaster for switching off and jogging, but the same can't be said for Wright? Even though he had also slowed to a jog despite being 2-3m behind Lancaster and not in a position to assist even if Lancaster had made a clean take?

As Steve says, let's agree to disagree.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)

yeah i specifically said both Lancaster and Wright lacked effort in my criticism of this passage of play..

it's now turning into something bigger then It needs to be