• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We must go further. It's Schmidt's fault for selecting Tate.

You're not going far enough...

maxresdefault.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
It's certainly not a perfect solution, but I would much prefer a referee and two ARs miss a piece of play, over a 5 minute teleconference with the referee and the TMO.
Yeah, like Swinton's late high hit against the Force player last year? Missed by the on field officials that day. I'm not sure now if it was picked up by the TMO or cited after the game. But shows the need for the extra pair of eyes to pick up foul play.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Your argument is based on the premise that Lancaster was in clear air. He was not, and it was clear very early on that the take would be contested and, even if Lancaster won the contest, he would soon be tackled and require support.
Can that exact comment also be made in the situation had Wright gained possession? Lancaster would not have been in position to support as he was just jogging back?

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't think people will be prepared to live with it. That's why we are where we are.

It's not just missing stuff either, they will need to make more decisions based on less info. This could result in more yellow/red cards and stoppages, as they won't be inclined to play on and let the TMO deal with it.
You could be right - but then I’ve heard plenty of people comment after games where there has been no video ref how good it was.

But sadly the way media and the general public focus on perceived errors and have no filter on criticism it may well cause more issues than if stops.