• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm picking a replay of the Lions 3rd Test match,we will be right in it for 60,then the wheels will fall off once they get more than 7 in front.
The earlier that happens,the uglier it's going to be.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Wifey & I are splurging a fair bit on this - tickets $360, room & car park $200 (fuck trying to get back to Logan post-match, too many drunks & druggies on the train, too long a wait for a cab esp given there's 11 in our group & double fuck being the sober driver), prob $250 each for food & beverage - so I don't wanna see an AB walkover, I wanna see the Wobs put their off-field shit behind them, dig in Galipolli/ Khe Sahn styles & give us a match to remember (but lose).

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can think of a few (Leigh Matthews, Kevin Sheedy, Franz Beckenbauer for example) who were super stars as players as well as coaches, but the main thrust of your point is on the money.

i didn't write that "superstars" didn't make good coaches.
i wrote that the "outrageously gifted" players didn't make it as coaches and that the best coaches seemed to be less gifted players who had to work very hard to make it as footballers including studying their game intensely and using their brains.

the three you mention fit my mold very well indeed.
yes, they were star players.
no, they weren't outrageously gifted as were, for comparison, James Hird, Michael Voss and Paul Gascoigne.
compare "your three" and "my three" as players and coaches and what do you see?

here's a few more.

Michael Voss, Nathan Buckley and James Hird.
Chris Scott, Alistair Clarkson, Bomber Thompson.
compare/contrast the player types and coaching success of those two groups.

why do rugby scrum halves, generally, not make it as coaches?
why is a rugby 5/8 succeeding as a coach very rare indeed?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I just realised that if we beat the All Blacks by 32 points or more (stay with me) then we can take a moral Bledisloe series win! The series may be drawn but we will have scored more points! Yew! Piece of cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Just checking out the NZTAB odds, AB $1.25, Wobs $3.70 & an 8.5 start. Also they're offering $1.60 for SBW to score an AB try in 2014. Coupla value bets in that lot.

T

Train Without a Station

Wifey & I are splurging a fair bit on this - tickets $360, room & car park $200 (fuck trying to get back to Logan post-match, too many drunks & druggies on the train, too long a wait for a cab esp given there's 11 in our group & double fuck being the sober driver), prob $250 each for food & beverage - so I don't wanna see an AB walkover, I wanna see the Wobs put their off-field shit behind them, dig in Galipolli/ Khe Sahn styles & give us a match to remember (but lose).

Old bay I'd take it a step further and wouldn't bother going back to Logan on Sunday either!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Old bay I'd take it a step further and wouldn't bother going back to Logan on Sunday either!

There's more to Logan than Woodridge & Mabel Park these days. Marsden where we are is quite nice & there hasn't been a drive-by shooting over in Crestmead for several weeks now (not sure if that's a record, but it's gotta be up there). On the whole it's neither better nor worse than Hamilton, my last NZ home town. It'll never be the 'nua or the 'naki much less Nelson but not many places will.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
several
ˈsɛv(ə)r(ə)l/
determiner & pronoun
more than two but not many.
"the author of several books"
synonyms: some, a number of, a few, not very many, a handful of, a small group of, various, a variety of, assorted, sundry, diverse; literarydivers
"several people arrived early"

AB by several.

EDIT: at least 2 Logan Oldboys playing on Saturday, Quade (Woodridge High prior to the posh school) & Izzy (Marsden High). Not a bad effort considering where rugby stands in the local sporting landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.