• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mrs Doug was disappointed to see that 'cousin Sam' was not in the 23 for this test, after reading yesterday's The Australian newspaper. I assured her that he was in fact the Wallabies starting #4.
After reading the paper's team, I knew we had no chance of beating the ABs, as we only had a team of 14 (no #4 was listed)! I guess they were closer to the mark than they were when the Weekend Australian published the team on the Saturday of the last Pumas' test, when they had Folau at #1, through to Slipper at #15.

Bloody NRL journos and sub-editors doing the Rugby report, or was it to give Jim Slipper a better chance of scoring one of those aforementioned "100 metres prop's tries"?!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Wallabies to win by 3.
Darkness to lose two in a row, stunned.
Hooper to lead by example, Simmons to play the game of his life, Foley to play the puppetmaster, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to score three in his 100th!
GO THE WALLABIES

Froggy, my 'slightly more realistic' scenario would be: in 78th minute, Quade throws a cut-out pass to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who dives over in the corner. Quade converts to give the Wallabies "your 3-point victory"!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'm sure he meant no offence. But just so the rest of us can respect your boundaries, which one is your wife/mother? The bearded Ranga in the blue dress?

Also note that there is a gentleman in the photographs that is decked out in a Green and Gold Strip.

I have it from a usually reliable source that this is the Official Gaggerland Representative who was on an "inspection" tour of the Pitcairn Island G&GR Server Room facility when the game took place.

In light of the current issues surrounding commenting on pictures from the internet that get Australian rugby identities into trouble, you would be well advised to respect their boundaries and not speculate as to which of the elder statesmen of G&GR has been pictured in the Green and Gold strip while on their Pitcairn Island "inspection" tour.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Froggy, my 'slightly more realistic' scenario would be: in 78th minute, Quade throws a cut-out pass to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), who dives over in the corner. Quade converts to give the Wallabies "your 3-point victory"!!

That would certainly be ideal. The sideline conversion after the siren to give you a three point victory.

I'd even be happy to step up and take that kick. ;)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Also note that there is a gentleman in the photographs that is decked out in a Green and Gold Strip.

I have it from a usually reliable source that this is the Official Gaggerland Representative who was on an "inspection" tour of the Pitcairn Island G&GR Server Room facility when the game took place.

In light of the current issues surrounding commenting on pictures from the internet that get Australian rugby identities into trouble, you would be well advised to respect their boundaries and not speculate as to which of the elder statesmen of G&GR has been pictured in the Green and Gold strip while on their Pitcairn Island "inspection" tour.

No speculation required.

DEFINITELY T.Rainwithoutastation.

Poor bugger. He bobbed ashore here at the Pitcairns just recently. The sad fallout of having daftly contributed no less than 708 rearranged deckchair posts to the ill-fated USS Kurtley Beale thread.

Byron "Ballcock" Kelleher is "debriefing" him as we speak. It's not a pretty sight.

But just so the rest of us can respect your boundaries, which one is your wife/mother? The bearded Ranga in the blue dress?

It's not a beard, you maniac.

Here on the Pitcairns we call it "rouge".

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No speculation required.

Poor bugger. He bobbed ashore here at the Pitcairns just recently. The sad fallout of having daftly contributed no less than 708 rearranged deckchair posts to the ill-fated USS Kurtley Beale thread.

Byron "Ballcock" Kelleher is "debriefing" him as we speak. It's not a pretty sight.

It's not a beard, you maniac.

Here on the Pitcairns we call it "rouge".
How often is the rouge trimmed? And do the curtains match the rouge?

T

Train Without a Station

No speculation required.

I just think the public needs to hear my opinion.

Repeatedly.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Finally starting to get a bit excited about the game on Saturday! Hoping the mood in camp-wallaby is better than last week and the players have had a chance to get their heads back in the game.

The Wobs generally play best when their backs are to the wall and people are expecting them to get hammered. I'd like to think that there will be a steely resolve throughout the team and being AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s 100th game, I think they'll come out firing.

It's also my 30th on Saturday so it is only fair that they win this one for me!

T

Train Without a Station

Hopefully the Simmons, Carter and Fardy from Capetown turn up. That will make a big difference for us.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ok, that's interesting to hear. I thought that Kaino was devastating in Bled 1 and that you guys lost a fair amount of 'go forward' and impact at the collision when he came off. Messam is still a freak though.

The locks and loosies are quality but with how our front row has been playing, I'm hoping that we can get some sort of advantage at set piece time. I really hope Kepu can work over Crockett as I see him as the weak link but not if he is allowed to get away with his usual tricks.

Crockett has thrived under the new scrum engagement rules. Doesn't get nearly as penalised as much and despite what Pfitzy might think :) and rightly so.

Crockett is a menace around the field and I think that's what the cartel really like in him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Crockett has thrived under the new scrum engagement rules. Doesn't get nearly as penalised as much and despite what Pfitzy might think :) and rightly so.

Crockett is a menace around the field and I think that's what the cartel really like in him.
Is it still the Cartel after Pablo "Ted" Escobar, ahem, departed?
Anyway, I always thought the structure was more of a fiefdom, with Shag playing Tywin Lannister, or the guy that ate him. ;)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Kaino has played one decent test this year (vs England) and the rest have been very up and down. He looked sharp for the Blues when he came back from Japan, but other than that it hasn't been great in my view.

Messam played excellent vs the Boks and provided some real impact (the penalty aside).

Kaino was close to the pick of the pack in the whole English series I reckon. Messam may have been good against the Boks (I didn't get to watch) but geez he had some real tits-for-hands and poor misses in a few of the other games.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Kaino was close to the pick of the pack in the whole English series I reckon. Messam may have been good against the Boks (I didn't get to watch) but geez he had some real tits-for-hands and poor misses in a few of the other games.

Looks like the only reason Kaino is not playing is because he has a gammy foot and is having x-rays on it.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Starting to get fired up for this but trying to keep expectations in check as the last time I went to a Bledisloe this happened:

image.jpg

Followed almost immediately by this:

image.jpg

Had a perfect view of the kick, had it gone into row 25ish it couldve taken my head off (or the guy behind me as by then my head was somewhat lower than usual...........).

Also reminding myself that our last two visits to Suncorp haven't gone entirely according to plan. Shit, I'd claim underdog status but some of you guys would probably object!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
That kick, what a total freakshow. And yet you just knew it was coming eh. That and the Kefu try under the sticks. Was that Ron Cribb missing the tackle then Marshall too slow comign across or was it Umaga gah fuck knows, its gone now
rugby2.gif

probly not a bad avatar for one of you foreign psychos

, just need one more churning moment for an Unholy Triumvirate of Hail Mary Self-Cockpunch moments though.....

ps black boots, wow, remember those things?

How often is the rouge trimmed?

Who knows, they all look the same once the sun goes down......

And do the curtains match the rouge?
Curtains, VERY important here on The Inlawed Isles.

Especially during daylight hours.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
, just need one more churning moment for an Unholy Triumvirate of Hail Mary Self-Cockpunch moments though...

This?

image.jpg

Just on "The Kick" let it be remembered that with 90 sec on the refs watch but time up on the stadium clock (crowd went nuts but Blackadder at one point asked Sir "how long to go?" And was told 90-something sec, guy in the row in front of me had Sports Ears & tried (obviously without success) to get people to CTFD by informing them of this) AB were at the right end of the field & in front. It took a spectacular run of fuckups - lost line outs on own throw, dumb-arse penalties conceded etc - to put Nobody within range & the instant he realised he was gonna have to take the kick you just fucking KNEW he'd nail it.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Its a bit unfair to single out Crockett - I think all your props are cheating fucks. :)

ABs are better everywhere except the front row, which is fairly even, and maybe the halves, depending on which Phipps turns up.

But their bench is going to deadset murder us in the last 15, no matter how close we are.

ABs by 30.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Its a bit unfair to single out Crockett - I think all your props are cheating fucks. :)

ABs are better everywhere except the front row, which is fairly even, and maybe the halves, depending on which Phipps turns up.

But their bench is going to deadset murder us in the last 15, no matter how close we are.

ABs by 30.
For a moment, I swear I saw the Ghost of Naza.

But I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.