• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Scoey - we don't usually name until Thursday

Cheers. I just found this which may have been posted earlier but the AB's squad is thus:
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Charles Piutau, Julian Savea, Conrad Smith, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Aaron Cruden, Beauden Barrett, Colin Slade, Aaron Smith, TJ Perenara, Augustine Pulu, Kieran Read, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (capt), Sam Cane, Liam Messam, Steven Luatua, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Patrick Tuipulotu, Jeremy Thrush, Wyatt Crockett, Joe Moody, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Dane Coles, Keven Mealamu, Nathan Harris.

What's the good mail on the likely make up? Sadly I didn't get to see hardly any of the non-Wallaby TRC matches. I had the Saffas victory over the AB's recorded and dearly wanted to watch it but it got deleted off the foxtel box 'accidentally' before I could watch it.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it will be the following

Israel Dagg
Charles Piutau
Conrad Smith
Malakai Fekitoa
Julian Savea
Aaron Cruden
Aaron Smith
Kieran Read
Richie McCaw (capt)
Jerome Kaino
Sam Whitelock
Brodie Retallick
Owen Franks
Dane Coles
Wyatt Crockett

Keven Mealamu
Joe Moody
Ben Franks
Steven Luatua
Sam Cane
TJ Perenara
Beauden Barrett
Ryan Crotty

I personally would have Messam start for Kaino and Crotty for Fekitoa.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I had the Saffas victory over the AB's recorded and dearly wanted to watch it but it got deleted off the foxtel box 'accidentally' before I could watch it.

That was an awesome test! you're missing out.

I think the AB's will want to mop the floor with us.

Wallabies by 1 or AB's by 30+. Ideally, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) try in the 80th minute with QC (Quade Cooper) slotting the conversation from the sideline after the siren to win the game.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Oddly it's a rarity in AFL.

John Longmire, John Worsfold, Paul Roos, Leigh Matthews, Kevin Sheedy, Malcolm Blight were all great players.

Even players like Chris and Brad Scott played around 200 AFL games in their career.

Forgot about Blighty, he was the very definition of a mad genius. Woosha and Longmire weren't necessarily superstars. Good players no doubt, but not in the class of Matthews, Sheedy and Blight.

T

Train Without a Station

All Australian or that level, which is the equivalent of a Wallaby. Actually harder to get really.

Let's remember the Woosha vs Carey match up wasn't always one sided.

T

Train Without a Station

Sorry you're right about that match up.

Longmire was never an All-Australian but won a Coleman medal and the Kangaroos Best & Fairest. These were both in 1990. Interestingly there was no All-Australian team that year. Pretty fucked for him that one of the few years they didn't have it was his best year.

Woosha was never an All-Australian, was West Coast captain, Western Australian Captain and West Coast Best & Fairest winner.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Sorry you're right about that match up.

Longmire was never an All-Australian but won a Coleman medal and the Kangaroos Best & Fairest. These were both in 1990. Interestingly there was no All-Australian team that year. Pretty fucked for him that one of the few years they didn't have it was his best year.

Woosha was never an All-Australian, was West Coast captain, Western Australian Captain and West Coast Best & Fairest winner.

He was yeah, which isn't a bad achievement considering the stars in that Eagles team of the era.

T

Train Without a Station

Even more amazing is it's called the John Worsfold medal!

* obviously it was named after him AFTER he retired

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think it will be the following
I personally would have Messam start for Kaino and Crotty for Fekitoa.

As a Wallabies fan I would prefer Messam and Crotty start over Kaino and Fekitoa too! ;) I am interested to see if Cruden will slot back into a starting role or will come off the bench. I reckon he should come off the bench but I think he is more or a starter and Beauden is great off the bench late in a game.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That was an awesome test! you're missing out.

I know. Really wanted to see it but it was deleted after the replay so I didn't get to schedule a new recording. Will look up a youtube recording one day maybe if I get time.

T

Train Without a Station

I caught the last 30 before the Wallabies game. It was unreal. The All Blacks just decided that wanted to win and scored two quick tries. Could not believe they didn't win it they way they looked for that 5 or 10 minute period.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I caught the last 30 before the Wallabies game. It was unreal. The All Blacks just decided that wanted to win and scored two quick tries. Could not believe they didn't win it they way they looked for that 5 or 10 minute period.
I can tell you it sucked. The atmosphere in the pub I was at epitomised my feelings at the time which was "F....k, not again, pleaseeeee!"

All the more reason for your boys to step up because even if you have a lead it's never fk..ng over against the darkness.

You have the talent. You have the technical expertise. You don't have harmony.

As the saying goes; It's not about having the most resources. It's being the most resourceful.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The Rugby Arms Race in private schools extends beyond just players. Some private schools now have full time rugby staff with zero teaching workload or duties, or teaching qualifications beyond Coaching accreditation.

In the good old days, The MIC Rugby, and the 1st XV coaches were primarily career professionally qualified Teachers, who did rugby coaching on the side.
My 1st XV coach was a 13 time wallaby and was neither a good coach or a good teacher, nor a good bloke! That was the good old days too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.