• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Lots of good points.

Mate, I have an appointment with my Philippino Faithhealer this arvo and on the way home dropping in to my gypsy fortuneteller then the old English lady who reads tea leaves. Will ask their opinion for you.

"A sprig of heather for you, sor.

Does your driveway need tarmacing?"

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Arguably the best the wallabies have played this season was in the first half against the Boks at Newlands. Simo and Carter started then and did a terrific job I thought. No major objections from me.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
In all honesty I think that is something the ABS would love to see. Two players that have not played at the top level for quite some time, in key roles.
Quade at 10 is fine by me. Panicked pushed passes that arent really on & shonky field management. That and Genia having a tearful sook at his own teammates imperfections and you know the game is half won

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
about what, with whom would he be conversing?

With the waiting media, still stunned at the fact that a prop had run 100m to score under the posts. The film crew shooting the new head and shoulders ad will be waiting there too, probably with a horse.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Leali'ifano????!!! WTF??!!

:eek:

I was keen to see Godwin have a crack too..however he was brought into the squad and presumably both have had a run at 12 over the last few days and for whatever reason Link has decided to go with Lilo, his 6 caps probably help too. He is probably in a better position to make the right call than any of us.

Yeah, as Beale at 10 in the first two games against ABs... :confused:

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Go get some lasers Wob fans, you're going to need it. I reckon if the whole stadium points their lasers at the ab with the ball, you're in with a shot.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A bit of chat around about the Wallabies being a good chance on Saturday as they'll come together under adversity. While I'd love them to win I'm worried about it all being a bridge too far at NZ putting 50 on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you are getting that from posts by Kiwis on this site after the debacle that is ongoing in OZ rugby, then I suggest you re-read them.
Quiet confidence is a huge difference to smugness. Hell next thing you'll be throwing arrogance in the mix too.
Oh and Hansen has thrown out his usual dry barbs too today (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11341796):
""There's no point in me telling Ewen McKenzie what we're doing yet. It's only Monday. We don't have to do that until Thursday . Three of you have asked the same question and it's the same answer," said Hansen, his trademark humour tested."
and
"He was trying hard not to give the Wallabies any extra ammunition - even if they appear to be using it all on themselves - but Hansen could not resist a little dig. On Will Genia: "He hasn't looked like playing yet, so you wouldn't expect him to, but who would know at the moment?"

I'm tipping the big surprise you suggest to be getting within 20 points of the ABs. ;)

Just chuck out a morsel of bait, and you're guaranteed to catch at least one Kiwi (fan).:D

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A bit of chat around about the Wallabies being a good chance on Saturday as they'll come together under adversity. While I'd love them to win I'm worried about it all being a bridge too far at NZ putting 50 on the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably going to go one of 2 ways isn't it. A backs to the wall famous victory by the Wallabies or a big win to the ABs.

Hoping for the former.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
OK - expect to see CL put in a few grubber kicks to the corner behind Savea for Izzy or the wingers. That seems to be a tactic that Link has wanted to play in previous games, but nobody has been able to do it effectively. Christian is probably the only one who can at least get the ball past the first defender and give the outside men a chance of regaining it.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Make no mistake, the battle will be fought in the tight five again.

Can the Wallabies tight five against NZ tight five??? In Eden Park they were crushed.

James Slipper v Owen Franks ;)
Saia Fainga'a v Keaven Mealamu :eek:
Sekope Kepu v Wyatt Crockett ;)
Sam Carter v Sam Whitelock :eek:
Rob Simmons v Brodie Retallick :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.