• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
The last thing Godwin needs is to be thrown into the deep end. Give the guy a chance. He should be in the NH touring team for sure. Maybe a bench spot.

But starting against the Darkness in his first Test? Puhlease,
Just forseeing an absolute brain fade from CL. Not only will he be overawed and panicked but will not impact the contact zone where Godwin would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
The criticism of Lilo is a bit much. The guy actually played some quality tests in 2013 (including against the Lions - which is played at the same intensity as a Bledisloe Cup game). Yes he was average in Super Rugby this year as he has seemingly taken a long time to find his form after his injury, nevertheless even in bad form he still managed to keep a red hot Pat McCabe on the bench. He has the big match experience that Godwin doesn't yet have as well as an established partnership with TK. He's been in the squad all season, with not one opportunity - I for one am looking forward to seeing him play this weekend.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just forseeing an absolute brain fade from CL. Not only will he be overawed and panicked but will not impact the contact zone where Godwin would.

if that's the case he'll be held in the same regard as those brain fade merchants from the last test such as our captain, and Folau.........

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
if that's the case he'll be held in the same regard as those brain fade merchants from the last test such as our captain, and Folau...

Well who knows maybe he's exactly what the doctor ordered. Hope he brings some 2012 form.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
nephew of this guy, I believe

is that right? I know his dad & grandfather both played for the reds and the latter also for the wallabies..so I was aware of his solid rugby pedigree, didn't know about the comedian angle though!

EDIT: I stand corrected, I am thinking of Cottrell re the rugby pedigree

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Well who knows maybe he's exactly what the doctor ordered. Hope he brings some 2012 form.

I'm pretty sure that in 2012, Christian was playing 10 with To'omua at 12. No idea why the Brumbies don't go back to this, especially with To'omua not even being considered for the Wallaby 10.

It's not as if it's not a tried and tested combo....as mentioned, Lilo probably had his best Super Rugby form at 10 before breaking his leg.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Little surprised at Skelton starting but also see the logic. He better go hard for as long as he can then Simmo.

Lilo is a bit of a joke. His form in 2014 was shit - others should have got a shot.

Hopefully Horwill really steps up again and leads from the front

Wallabies to win !!!!!!!!

Christian Lealiifano's form in the NRC improved with each outing, though he certainly played better at 10 than 12 imo. His selection is not a joke. There are really only two options in the Wallabies' squad now in CL and Kyle Godwin. I would not have been disappointed if KG had got a start.

In either case, I believe whomever it is would have a better chance of playing good if Quade was inside them at 10. I'd like to see QC (Quade Cooper) start with Foley on the bench. or if KG starts at 12, then CL on the bench to cover 10/12/15.

The result of this game will be enlightening as to the the current squad mentality (culture?). If there is a schism between two camps of players (pro and con Beale/MacKenzie) then there will be a blow out in the score. ABs would probably put on another 50 point scoreline. If they are really tight as a squad, then the scoreline will be closer but still a win for the ABs.

If it transpires that the ABs do put on a massive scoreline, it will be time for the coach and selectors to take the axe and get rid of any player (captain or world's best included) who aren't prepared to put in for the present organisation.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
BR - lets think positive and say its a blow out to the Wallabies.

Link's position will be vindicated and he will be acknowledged as the coach who was able to bring the team back from the brink:

Hooper will be vindicated and widely acknowledged as a good captain, steering a ship with some serious rudder problems;

Current issues will fade.

The Wallabies go on to win Bill.

No Problems, moving forward.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The last thing Godwin needs is to be thrown into the deep end. Give the guy a chance. He should be in the NH touring team for sure. Maybe a bench spot.

But starting against the Darkness in his first Test? Puhlease.

Yeah - iirc Matt To'omua made his debut against the ABs and after a couple of tests (against the stand out team in world rugby) was dropped, only to make hids return on the EOYT and soon be hailed as the Wallabies' best No 12 since Horan. Wouldn't like to see Godwin be given the same poor treatment by fans.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Given Foley isn't setting the world on fire, I think having Lealifano who can easily slot into the 10 (better then Godwin, and better then To'omua IMO) would be great, maybe we will see some of that 2012 form again. He has the ability to put people through holes and get the back-line flowing from the 10 position.

He can also make his tackles and do what's needed at 12. So it seems like a logical idea to me.

Godwin will get game time at the EOYT so everyone stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
BR - lets think positive and say its a blow out to the Wallabies.

Link's position will be vindicated and he will be acknowledged as the coach who was able to bring the team back from the brink:

Hooper will be vindicated and widely acknowledged as a good captain, steering a ship with some serious rudder problems;

Current issues will fade.

The Wallabies go on to win Bill.

No Problems, moving forward.

I like it but will believe it only after I see it.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

But starting against the Darkness in his first Test? Puhlease.

Maybe thats exactly what he needs. Stop being delicate with the little patsy's. If they think he is the best, put him there.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Godwin has been the form 12 in Australian Super rugby over the past 2 years alongside Beale. However, maybe this is not the week to roll him out.

After all of the bullshit of the past couple of weeks and claims a plenty of disharmony within the camp we are odds on to be on the wrong end of a rogering.

Not a good way to start your test career.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really?! So when was To'omua injured cos I seem to remember him playing a lot at 10 that year? Maybe my memory is letting me down.

If memory serves me right To'omua only played 3 games that year...........

The opening 2 matches against the Force and the Cheetahs, then he missed the Chiefs game, and then played against the Sharks where he got injured and missed the rest of the year.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
If memory serves me right To'omua only played 3 games that year.....

The opening 2 matches against the Force and the Cheetahs, then he missed the Chiefs game, and then played against the Sharks where he got injured and missed the rest of the year.

OK, so he did play most of the year at 10 - his best year in Super Rugby. I think Brumbies should go back to that. To'omua is a Test 12 so it's not like you're really taking a big gamble there.

Status
Not open for further replies.