• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Lilo at starting XV is a fkg joke, he was a shit this year. I prefer Godwin, I dont know, I prefer to improvise with QC (Quade Cooper) at 12 or even Folau. After his injury Lilo hasn't been the same, not even his kicks are as effective as before, the only reason he was an international level player.

PD: Sorry Brumbies supporters

I was keen to see Godwin have a crack too..however he was brought into the squad and presumably both have had a run at 12 over the last few days and for whatever reason Link has decided to go with Lilo, his 6 caps probably help too. He is probably in a better position to make the right call than any of us.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It will put a lot of pressure on Foley. Lealifano is not really a playmaking option. I guess we will find out later today.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The team hasn't been announced yet. No point getting hot under the collar about selections until there have actually been some selections. ;)

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
bravo sir. post of the day

We have a wounded wallaby team here, and I believe they are going to come out fighting.
This game will be blood and guts, make no mistake. There really is pride on the line, and there is too much smugness across the ditch.
If our boys are quiet leading up to this game, then watch out.
Probably why Steve Hanson is not saying anything. He's too astute to join the clamour going on.
I'm tipping a big surprise at Suncorp.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
and there is too much smugness across the ditch.

If you are getting that from posts by Kiwis on this site after the debacle that is ongoing in OZ rugby, then I suggest you re-read them.
Quiet confidence is a huge difference to smugness. Hell next thing you'll be throwing arrogance in the mix too.
Oh and Hansen has thrown out his usual dry barbs too today (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11341796):
""There's no point in me telling Ewen McKenzie what we're doing yet. It's only Monday. We don't have to do that until Thursday ... Three of you have asked the same question and it's the same answer," said Hansen, his trademark humour tested."
and
"He was trying hard not to give the Wallabies any extra ammunition - even if they appear to be using it all on themselves - but Hansen could not resist a little dig. On Will Genia: "He hasn't looked like playing yet, so you wouldn't expect him to, but who would know at the moment?"

I'm tipping the big surprise you suggest to be getting within 20 points of the ABs. ;)

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If you are getting that from posts by Kiwis on this site after the debacle that is ongoing in OZ rugby, then I suggest you re-read them.
Quiet confidence is a huge difference to smugness. Hell next thing you'll be throwing arrogance in the mix too.
Oh and Hansen has thrown out his usual dry barbs too today (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11341796):
""There's no point in me telling Ewen McKenzie what we're doing yet. It's only Monday. We don't have to do that until Thursday . Three of you have asked the same question and it's the same answer," said Hansen, his trademark humour tested."
and
"He was trying hard not to give the Wallabies any extra ammunition - even if they appear to be using it all on themselves - but Hansen could not resist a little dig. On Will Genia: "He hasn't looked like playing yet, so you wouldn't expect him to, but who would know at the moment?"

I'm tipping the big surprise you suggest to be getting within 20 points of the ABs. ;)

I think it was more the Kiwi media:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...australian-rugby/story-fndpt9s1-1227089061907

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Little surprised at Skelton starting but also see the logic. He better go hard for as long as he can then Simmo.

Lilo is a bit of a joke. His form in 2014 was shit - others should have got a shot.

Hopefully Horwill really steps up again and leads from the front

Wallabies to win !!!!!!!!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I can't believe the outrage at Lilo over Godwin. God win has done far less than Lilo has to stake a claim for the jersey. Christian was carving up Super Rugby 2 years back before he broke his leg and then had that terrible knock-out against the Lions. Godwin has been little more than average at Super Rugby and suddenly, he's the next best thing?!?!

Honestly, the speed in which you guys pick-up and drop blokes would make Paris Hilton proud.

Speight is the next guy who we're waiting for to come and make the big difference. How quickly will you guys drop him if he doesn't perform like a fucken superstar in his first few Tests. Shit, I remember when everyone seemed to be waiting for Rob Horne to come back and 'fix' the Wallaby back-line.

Lilo over Godwin is a good call right now - when Godwin has pushed his case for a whole Super Rugby season, then maybe you can cue the outrage.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I can't believe the outrage at Lilo over Godwin. God win has done far less than Lilo has to stake a claim for the jersey. Christian was carving up Super Rugby 2 years back before he broke his leg and then had that terrible knock-out against the Lions. Godwin has been little more than average at Super Rugby and suddenly, he's the next best thing?!?!

Honestly, the speed in which you guys pick-up and drop blokes would make Paris Hilton proud.

Speight is the next guy who we're waiting for to come and make the big difference. How quickly will you guys drop him if he doesn't perform like a fucken superstar in his first few Tests. Shit, I remember when everyone seemed to be waiting for Rob Horne to come back and 'fix' the Wallaby back-line.

Lilo over Godwin is a good call right now - when Godwin has pushed his case for a whole Super Rugby season, then maybe you can cue the outrage.

His form 2 years ago was great - fuck 2 years ago - are you serious ???

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
His form 2 years ago was great - fuck 2 years ago - are you serious ???

I think he is serious Scrubber. Lilo has runs on the board at test level. Yes it was a couple of years ago but he has proven he can do the job. How much footy has Godwin even played in the last 2 years? Hasn't he done a shoulder then a knee recently seeing him spend a fair bit of time on the sidelines?

As much as I think starting Lilo is a bit of a punt (considering current form), he is the best option we have available and for me it's a no brainer.

EDIT: Bullrush beat me to it. But I'll add, after Kyle's breakout season for the Force (2012?), his form has fallen off as well.

T

Train Without a Station

Speight is the next guy who we're waiting for to come and make the big difference. How quickly will you guys drop him if he doesn't perform like a fucken superstar in his first few Tests.

This. Nail. Head.

Somebody else unproven and untested MUST be better!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Godwin's has never been great..not at Super Rugby level.

Godwin was excellent in 2013, most line breaks of any Australian player, he might have even had most line breaks in the competition. Many were calling for him in the 2013 EOYT. This year he played solidly between injuries.

Lilo is a known quantity, a solid super rugby player of many seasons. He's not going to win us a world cup. Godwin might, and while an All Black test is a huge occasion to make a debut, you're going to have to beat the best at some point so why not step up now.

For the record, as much as a I don't rate Horne, I would have picked him at 12 with Godwin on the bench. Or I would have picked Cooper at 10 with Foley at 12, and Godwin on the bench.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
As a fringe Wallaby let alone an established super rugby player CL should have been tearing the NRC apart not just being steady. Look at the difference a professional halves pairing makes for most of the NRC teams. Godwin will bring more physicality to the contact zone even if he is not in form he's been better than CL in the NRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.