• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Anything would be better than my current job. Plus once I've paid my house off with the first year's salaries, I'll have a bored wife to get away from.

Certainly not taking HER on tour.

I hope you've organised a nice little golden parachute for yourself if things don't work out. (Complete with a non-disparagement clause of course):)

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good point - one of the first things I'll change (as CEO and effectively Board) is compulsory disparagement clauses for all employees. Air the dirty fucking laundry so that it can be fixed

Honesty is the best policy. And after the first couple of tossers are ejected because they're incompetent, they'll blather so long and loud, I'll know where to find all the other twats.

No need for fear nor favouritism based on which school you went to: because I don't give a fuck.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe that's what they are trying to do with the Wallabies supporters - turn them on with a good performance the off with a shithouse one

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I said: "To'omua IS BIGGER THAN GODWIN"

Do you understand??

May want to flip through the bogan dictonary until you get to the word 'bigger'.

Godwin is taller and just as heavy or potentially heavier than To'omua.

You know how sometimes they say the guy standing out from the crowd and beating his own drum is a visionary, sees things others don't?

This isn't one of those times.

Yes, To'omua has a stout build that makes him a great defensive option - which really only shows because he is aggressive in contact (sort of like this guy Kyle Godwin).

But if you think the extra two inches on Godwin somehow makes him a poorer option in contact I've got a few years of Western Force footage you may want to have a look at.

I'm done responding to this madness and I'm sure Cyclo and the other mods would appreciate if you stopped derailing the thread on the back of an argument where there is absolutely no argument to be made because nothing you've said up to this point is factually true other than To'omua being 1-2" shorter than Godwin.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
May want to flip through the bogan dictonary until you get to the word 'bigger'.

Godwin is taller and just as heavy or potentially heavier than To'omua.

You know how sometimes they say the guy standing out from the crowd and beating his own drum is a visionary, sees things others don't?

This isn't one of those times.

Yes, To'omua has a stout build that makes him a great defensive option - which really only shows because he is aggressive in contact (sort of like this guy Kyle Godwin).

But if you think the extra two inches on Godwin somehow makes him a poorer option in contact I've got a few years of Western Force footage you may want to have a look at.

I'm done responding to this madness and I'm sure Cyclo and the other mods would appreciate if you stopped derailing the thread on the back of an argument where there is absolutely no argument to be made because nothing you've said up to this point is factually true other than To'omua being 1-2" shorter than Godwin.

If To'omua is shorter and has the same weight than Godwin who is longer then To'omua has more muscle mass.

Is it so hard to understand?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
If To'omua is shorter and has the same weight than Godwin who is longer then To'omua has more muscle mass.

Is it so hard to understand?

Uh, no - it means he has more compact mass in general. That's literally it.

What you just said makes absolutely no sense from a physiological perspective - even less so when we are talking about a difference of 1-2kg and 1-2 inches.

I forgot, are we having a bench press competition or playing rugby?

To'omua having a slight advantage towards generating force out of an eccentric movement due to shorter muscle length IS NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing as having more overall muscle mass and is barely relevant to any point you've spectacularly failed to make up to this point.

If you spill a gallon of water into a kiddie pool and then spill a gallon of water into a 2-gallon container - does the 2-gallon container have more water in it?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Saturday poll.
Who will play 12 next weekend v the All Blacks:

1) Horne
2) Lilo
3) TK
4) Godwin
5) a back rower

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If Cooper plays, he has got to start and be given the chance to take control. If not, just leave him to play a full 80 in the curtin raiser.

Much emphasis gets put on the razzle dazzle he is capable of but it is his game management that is his true strength.

T

Train Without a Station

Uh, no - it means he has more compact mass in general. That's literally it.

What you just said makes absolutely no sense from a physiological perspective - even less so when we are talking about a difference of 1-2kg and 1-2 inches.

I forgot, are we having a bench press competition or playing rugby?

To'omua having a slight advantage towards generating force out of an eccentric movement due to shorter muscle length IS NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing as having more overall muscle mass and is barely relevant to any point you've spectacularly failed to make up to this point.

If you spill a gallon of water into a kiddie pool and then spill a gallon of water into a 2-gallon container - does the 2-gallon container have more water in it?

If only rugby was played in a gym. I could have been a wallaby.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
muscle mass.

I think that this discussion deserves it's own thread.

Is the Queensland battalion of the Gold Brigade getting mobilised for this game?

I'm heading along next weekend, looking forward to seeing a come from behind, do it for Kurtley, siege mentality victory against all odds. I hope that there is some sort of preparation for the game happening in the background, though it's absence will only make victory sweeter.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'm heading along next weekend, looking forward to seeing a come from behind, do it for Kurtley, siege mentality victory against all odds. I hope that there is some sort of preparation for the game happening in the background, though it's absence will only make victory sweeter.

I'm hoping they pull together too, but in terms of the long term success and stability I'd prefer the did it in spite of Kurtley than for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.