• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
You mean the one full of full time pros towelling up the scrums with 4 pro players if there lucky? Yeah that's a good indication of how a player would go on a level playing field isn't it.

Don't disagree, I meant more if they were going to make a relatively untested left field choice why not reward success? Also what happened to Weeks? He's back playing so not injured. Just a weird selection on the surface.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just watched the press conference with Link. the journos really hammered Link with questions about this whole Beale incident. I thought he handled it all pretty well.

It's a shame our rugby journalists aren't actually interested the upcoming game. Not one journo asked about who might play 12, or whether Speight was ready to start, or a million other questions relating to this massive game coming up. People on this board talk about the league media being the problem, something tells me that the rugby journos are going to avoid hyping this game at all and instead just write negative speculative articles about team rifts, etc...its really sad.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Ok, he weights 92 kg. He remains lightweight for international level:

Kyle Godwin 1,87 m & 92 kg

Inside centres at international level:

Billy Twelvetrees 1,93 m & 106 kg
Malakai Fekitoa 1,87 m & 99 kg
Ma'a Nonu 1,82 m & 106 kg
Sonny Bill Williams 1,94 m & 108 kg
Wesley Fofana 1,78 m & 90 kg
Gordon D'arcy 1,80 m & 91 kg
Jean de villiers 1,90 m & 103 kg
Jan Serfontein 1,88 m & 97 kg
Jamie Roberts 1,93 m & 110 kg Mathieu Bastareaud 1,83 m & 120 kg

So what

So what if he's 92kg? Weight rarely plays a role in how hard you run, your decision making and ability as a footballer, especially where there are only a few kilos in it here and there. The Blacks never seem to have a problem playing 95kg Conrad Smith at outside centre. I bet he's one of the smallest 13s in world rugby, but he's still one of the best.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair, they would have an idea of the type of ratings/views each article attracts and I bet the 'scandal' ones are a hell of a lot more popular than team news ones. Just the way it is.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
So what if he's 92kg? Weight rarely plays a role in how hard you run, your decision making and ability as a footballer, especially where there are only a few kilos in it here and there. The Blacks never seem to have a problem playing 95kg Conrad Smith at outside centre. I bet he's one of the smallest 13s in world rugby, but he's still one of the best.

Are you comparing the great Conrad Smith with a rookie at international level as Godwin? I can't believe it

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Ok, he weights 92 kg. He remains lightweight for international level:

Kyle Godwin 1,87 m & 92 kg

Inside centres at international level:

Billy Twelvetrees 1,93 m & 106 kg
Malakai Fekitoa 1,87 m & 99 kg
Ma'a Nonu 1,82 m & 106 kg
Sonny Bill Williams 1,94 m & 108 kg
Wesley Fofana 1,78 m & 90 kg
Gordon D'arcy 1,80 m & 91 kg
Jean de villiers 1,90 m & 103 kg
Jan Serfontein 1,88 m & 97 kg
Jamie Roberts 1,93 m & 110 kg Mathieu Bastareaud 1,83 m & 120 kg

So what

Not sure what's worse - your memory or the weakness of the logic in your line of argument.

Enough of this drivel.

Guess being one of the heaviest centers going 'round wasn't enough to stop Twelvetrees from getting RUN THE FUCK OVER by such a 'small', 'lightweight', 'only 92kg' center.

How much did being 120kg help Bastareaud when he made all of what, 20 meters over a 3-game test series?

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
To be fair, they would have an idea of the type of ratings/views each article attracts and I bet the 'scandal' ones are a hell of a lot more popular than team news ones. Just the way it is.

True. It's hard to criticise. Still a major shame that some of the biggest rugby fans in Australia (rugby journos) cant be a part of the solution rather than the problem

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Are you comparing the great Conrad Smith with a rookie at international level as Godwin? I can't believe it

You're arguing about weight and he presented an argument about a player that plays exceptionally well even at a 'low' weight.

Please try to stick to your own utterly flawed line of argument before you straw-man someone else.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

No need to be condescending. I'm pointing out that the logic that hes not good enough for international level because he's "under the average international inside centre weight" is completely flawed.

I'm not saying he's anywhere near Smith, but rather that being a lighter weight back doesn't stop you from excelling at international level.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Godwin over Inman.

The form (and fit) 12 in the country right now doesn't even get a look-in?

FFS*

*My standard rant after each Wallaby squad announcement, except this time I think I have some cause to complain.

This is actually a great point... I hadn't even thought of Inman.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
On the argument of weight in internataional rugby. JOC (James O'Connor) is a great example, under 90kg and stronger then most over 100kg. Today's training is strength and performance. I don't think weight make much difference in the backs, it will help... But strength yes, help clean out those big Oversize mountain Mario's at the brake down

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just watched the press conference with Link. the journos really hammered Link with questions about this whole Beale incident. I thought he handled it all pretty well.

It's a shame our rugby journalists aren't actually interested the upcoming game. Not one journo asked about who might play 12, or whether Speight was ready to start, or a million other questions relating to this massive game coming up. People on this board talk about the league media being the problem, something tells me that the rugby journos are going to avoid hyping this game at all and instead just write negative speculative articles about team rifts, etc.its really sad.

Fucking hell. I hope you're qualified to drive a cherry picker - only way you're getting on a horse that high.

They've got a whole week to ask Link about the game now that the squad is settled. They're taking their opportunity to ask questions in the now about the pressing issue, and that's their job. Link is clearly handling it better than you.

When the investigation finishes, they'll ask more questions about it.

If you don't like it, and think journos are to blame for reporting what they see, never, EVER click on an internet news site again.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Godwin over Inman.

The form (and fit) 12 in the country right now doesn't even get a look-in?

FFS*

*My standard rant after each Wallaby squad announcement, except this time I think I have some cause to complain.

Mitch reminds me of Luke.

The Tahs tried to turn Luke into a back rower.

Mitch, like Luke, is a run-of-the- mill Supe player.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I want to see Cooper/Godwin given a chance to start. Better defensively than any combo with Foley and the attack has hardly been setting the world on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.