• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Genia has been fucked injury wise for the last two seasons. He's only just getting over that now.

If he plays well against the rays in the NRC this week he should be picked on the bench at least. The same goes for Cooper. It is as simple as that.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Genia has been fucked injury wise for the last two seasons. He's only just getting over that now.

If he plays well against the rays in the NRC this week he should be picked on the bench at least. The same goes for Cooper. It is as simple as that.

Genia hasn't been released for the Rays game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
As BH81 posted in the Rays v City thread, logistics made it nearly impossible for the Wallabies to make the game as they apparently only got back on Tuesday.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As BH81 posted in the Rays v City thread, logistics made it nearly impossible for the Wallabies to make the game as they apparently only got back on Tuesday.

Wouldn't call it logistics but Sam Cane commentated during the ITM Cup match that the All Blacks trainer Nic Gill banned any tour members from playing within 72 hours. I reckon our trainer probably did something similar.

Reactions: Ash

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
For mine:

- Too soon for Quade - Yes, confidence player, bringing him back to be smacked by the all blacks aint fair.

- Be inclined to keep Speight in cotton wool for this month - I want him back it makes me sad, we have waited to long, but health comes first.

- Probably give Luke Jones a go on the EOYT. Just don't see him as a tight lock, tho.
To small for a lock, a 6 is where I see him, and should be backup 6 to fardy

- If To'omua is out, do we bring Godwin to 12 or play Rob Horne there?
Good question. Dunno.
Leo will get the job, his been with the squad, but not in form, probably wouldn't want godwin to cope a smack in his first game either

- Who do we play at 9? Genia?
Another good question. Has Genia even played 100 minutes since he came back? Possibly off the bench? Phipps and White.

- Any other ideas?
Kerevi

I would think you need to look at who can make a difference, I really rate Hooper as a player, but 'Maybe' I would start Hodgson, the old dogs got some ticker .. let him hammer it for 30 mins then bring on the big boss man for the rest.

Palu if his fit or start Higgers and bring Palu on late to hammer away.

My team to start would be this (It contradicts what I said above lol)

Slipper
Finger
Kepu
Sims
Horwill
Fardy
Hoopers (But Matt hodgson on for a spell)
Palu

Phipps
Foley
Speight (Im dreaming aint I) or Tomane
Leo
Tk
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Izzy

actually can't we have a back line of this

Phipps
Speight
Speight
Speight
TK
Izzy
Izzy

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Luke Jones deserves a chance at the starting XV !!!!

My team:

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Sekope Kepu
4 Luke Jones !!!
5 James Horwill
6 Scott Higginbotham
7 Michael Hooper
8 Wycliff Palu (if fit)
9 Will Genia (if fit)
10 Quade Cooper (if fit)
11 Henry Speight (if fit)
12 Godwin
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Israel Folau

So Fardy plays his 2 best games in a row, and one of Australias best in both and you drop him..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
For mine:

- Too soon for Quade - Yes, confidence player, bringing him back to be smacked by the all blacks aint fair.

- Be inclined to keep Speight in cotton wool for this month - I want him back it makes me sad, we have waited to long, but health comes first.

- Probably give Luke Jones a go on the EOYT. Just don't see him as a tight lock, tho.
To small for a lock, a 6 is where I see him, and should be backup 6 to fardy

- If To'omua is out, do we bring Godwin to 12 or play Rob Horne there?
Good question. Dunno.
Leo will get the job, his been with the squad, but not in form, probably wouldn't want godwin to cope a smack in his first game either

- Who do we play at 9? Genia?
Another good question. Has Genia even played 100 minutes since he came back? Possibly off the bench? Phipps and White.

- Any other ideas?
Kerevi

I would think you need to look at who can make a difference, I really rate Hooper as a player, but 'Maybe' I would start Hodgson, the old dogs got some ticker .. let him hammer it for 30 mins then bring on the big boss man for the rest.

Palu if his fit or start Higgers and bring Palu on late to hammer away.

My team to start would be this (It contradicts what I said above lol)

Slipper
Finger
Kepu
Sims
Horwill
Fardy
Hoopers (But Matt hodgson on for a spell)
Palu

Phipps
Foley
Speight (Im dreaming aint I) or Tomane
Leo
Tk
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Izzy

actually can't we have a back line of this

Phipps
Speight
Speight
Speight
TK
Izzy
Izzy
Depends on how the new coach wants the Wallabies to play......

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I know we are all talking about losing this game and who should be saved for EOYT, But fuck that.. We drew with them in Sydney, we can beat these fluffybunnys in Suncorp.. We can do this fuck em..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Didn't Genia get 6 months off with a knee injury ? I heard the .. I've been over played bull crap.. He may have been injuried but the , Ive played every weekend till just recently is crap.. His body had time to heal when he was injured.

I want Genia back at full strength and playing like 2011 when he would take the ball to the line he knew what he would do before he got to the break down and he didnt have to ask..

actually end of season tour he was in form.. He had a shocker this year..

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
I say fuck it, we have nothing to lose (apart from really important world class players in key positions, but ehhh). We are pretty much written off so lets have a punt:

1 James Slipper
2 Saia Fainga'a
3 Sekope Kepu
4 Rob Knob Simmons
5 James Horwill (C) - That's right, give the fucker a go, he's been here before (wallabies looking shit and backs against the wall).
6 Scott Fardy
7 Michael Hooper
8 Scott Higginbotham (Dig into McCaw pls)
9 Will Genia
10 Quade Cooper
11 Henry Speight/ Tomane if Speight not fit
12 Godwin
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Israel Folau

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not sure about Godwin, he's too small for international level. He's weighs only 87 kg.

Imagine this battle:

Sonny Bill Williams 110 kg vs Kyle Godwin 87 kg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
To'omua and Horan were never heavier than 91-92kg. Godwin has visibly bulked up quite a bit in the past few seasons too, those weight measurements on Wikipedia aren't updated often.

Beale weighs about the same as To'omua - fat lot of good those extra KGs are doing him in contact.

12 is so much more about the matrix between how strong and how quick you are than it is how heavy you are.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Sorry, had to share, this is brilliant.

A potential way for the Wobs to address the ABs Maul? I imagine the IRB might change the law.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
No Law change needed. Interpretation of the Law has been recently amended with appropriate guidance issued to the Refereeing and Coaching community IIRC.

This was discussed in another thread somewhere and I'll post a reference to it soon unless someone beats me to it.

In other news, I read that Dan Carter will not be ready for the Brisbane Test. http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ed-out-of-bledisloe-test-20141009-113e5s.html.
Some good news for the Men In Gold in a rather gloomy week for them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

Sorry, had to share, this is brilliant.

A potential way for the Wobs to address the ABs Maul? I imagine the IRB might change the law.

Lineout Maul Defence discussed here:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/refereeing-decisions.12471/page-30

Anyone seen the IRB direction regarding players not contesting at a maul formed from a lineout? Thoughts?

The ruling according to the law book should be a PK against team in possestion. The guidance gives the opportunity for the attacking team to use the ball they rightfully won and accidently got into an offside situation due to the action of the defending team. Good call i think.
If i was a coach, after the first instance, do not transfer the ball back then keep driving till the ref calls use it, after that front man detach and run at the splintered defence. the result would be a clear territorial gain with the next phase won easily. Dont think the opp will do it again after that.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I tend to think Palu will play but TPN won't be ready and they will wait until the EOYT.

This game will be six weeks post injury and it was reported he could be out for up to eight weeks at the time. Haven't heard a whole lot since really.

Think the Baa Baas game would be ideal to bring a player like Palu back from injury. Wouldn't want him to lose his confidence playing against the ABs. Bullshit.;)

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
To'omua and Horan were never heavier than 91-92kg. Godwin has visibly bulked up quite a bit in the past few seasons too, those weight measurements on Wikipedia aren't updated often.

Beale weighs about the same as To'omua - fat lot of good those extra KGs are doing him in contact.

12 is so much more about the matrix between how strong and how quick you are than it is how heavy you are.

Horan played at another time, you can't compare. To'omua is bigger than Godwin because he's shorter:

Matt To'omua: 1,82 m & 89 kg
Kyle Godwin: 1,87 m & 87 kg

So...

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Chris-F%E2%80%99Sautia-Kyle-Godwin.jpg

Back to the orignal point - Kyle Godwin has not been an 87kg player for a long time.

That is, unless his thighs are filled with air.

He has had no issue defending at 12 in Super Rugby yet. If anything, his defensive work was his best attribute this past year.

Kurtley Beale is listed at 90kgs. Weight means absolutely shit when the measurements are outdated and some players are literal leagues ahead of others when it comes to taking contact.

Horan and To'omua have almost identical measurements so your whole "other era" argument is complete garbage too.

Actually, where did you even pluck that 87kg number from? His U-20s profile? The Force AND Wikipedia have him at 93kg. Just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.