• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Wallaby deadwood need to be cut and shown the door:-

Robbie Deans
Jim Williams
Richard Graham
Giteau
Elsom
Brown
Mitchell

Bench:
O'Connor

And as you perform that surgery who would you replace the deadwood with?
Little point in cutting deadwood if there are not viable alternatives.

Lets face it. As much as it pains to admit it publicly, give credit where it is due. The AB's were awesome tonight. We were out thought, and out played.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Now we start to see some real against against selection and Deans. Where was this two or three weeks ago when I predicted this crap. I feared this after last week but my hope blinded me somewhat.

JOC (James O'Connor) again showed that he is not a winger and does not have the positional awareness. Mitchell's first yellow was not on replay but both Kraplan and Joubert saw it and they are consistant. His second yellow was for cynical slapping away of the ball when a quick re-start was possible. Probably unlikely but he had no reason to do it and was just stupid again. As he was on his last last chance any decent coach would drop him from the squad, but as Deans is not a decent coach it will not happen.

Giteau showed again that at 10 he offers zero. nada. zilch. If he doesn't play 12 he is on the bench or not in the team. Barnes confidence will now be totally shot, he was charged down, fell off at least four crucial tackles and made no impact in attack, given the fact that he is also just hanging around until after the RWC move on from there as well.

Sharp should not have been played or at most should have been on the bench given his facial injury last week, this was another big error by Deans.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Giteau was way better than Barnes...on tonight's evidence I would not sack Gits. Elsom should stay, but not as captain

With you on that. About the only time I noticed Barnes was on the field was when that kick was charged down in the opening minutes. And when you look where it hit Carter? (in the chest), WTF was going through his mind?

Let's make Pocock captain, see if it immunises him against penalties the same as it does for Black 7! Then let Rocky off the chain. His game has gone to shit after being awarded the captaincy.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
And as you perform that surgery who would you replace the deadwood with?
Little point in cutting deadwood if there are not viable alternatives.

Lets face it. As much as it pains to admit it publicly, give credit where it is due. The AB's were awesome tonight. We were out thought, and out played.

The fact is the ABs weren't as good as they were against the Boks anywhere apart from the re-start. For instance Pocock (no thanks to Elsom and Brown) matched Mcaw and maybe better him as he wasn't penalised once) at the breakdown. If the ABs played as they did against the Boks it would have been 60+.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
With you on that. About the only time I noticed Barnes was on the field was when that kick was charged down in the opening minutes. And when you look where it hit Carter? (in the chest), WTF was going through his mind?

Let's make Pocock captain, see if it immunises him against penalties the same as it does for Black 7! Then let Rocky off the chain. His game has gone to shit after being awarded the captaincy.

rockys game hasnt gone to shit at all, we just saw a heap of replays of good things he did in ireland, but lets face it how many of us watched all the games for the full 80 minutes, he is offering exactly the same game he did before he went, we just built him up.

its like before the briggs v green fight, briggs is shit now but the highlight real made him look fantastic.

im sure we could pull a highlight reel for rocky since his return that makes him look damaging as hell, then if he didnt play for 6 months we could show it over and over again and everyone would soon realise he is supremely awesome and better than anyone who has ever played the game once more.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
The Mitchell comments are harsh unless you want rugby to be a game that thinks a tame push on mccaw with a Hollywood dive is worth a yellow card. That's not ill discipline, that's just garbage refereeing. Sharpe proved again he is crap against hard opposition. Barnes should go back to the broncos. Moore was an embarrassment to Brisbane grammar. Benn Robinson will be better for the run. Please send Brown back to longreach. He was never going to be any good when he could only be tough against quokkas. Apart from that I predict a win in Christchurch.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rocky is not a leader... Did not even talk to the boys tonight and was the offender on most calls tonight...
Genia to guiet. Well Barnes useless..... And if I was Cooper I would feel better about not playing after tonight game

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Nope on Mitchell. Soft or not the first card. He knew damm well clear he was on thin ice from that point on and still couldn't behave. He deserves to be dumped completely.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Even though I expected the blacks to win, I am still gutted. That was a limp wristed performance from the Wobbs but they seem to becoming a regular occurance now so I shouldn't be surprised. The lack of intensity and deparation was evident from the kick off, but look at almost any tackle, ruck or maul unless Pocock was involved. The blacks were smarter, more desparate, more effective and working as a team. I thought the end score flattered us.

Where to from here? Stuffed if I know to be honest but it could be very ugly next week unless the weather slows the kiwis down abit.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
rockys game hasnt gone to shit at all, we just saw a heap of replays of good things he did in ireland, but lets face it how many of us watched all the games for the full 80 minutes, he is offering exactly the same game he did before he went, we just built him up.

Probably something in that. I thought he had a very ordinary S14, except for the game against QLD where he actually seemed to give a shit for a change. Got to agree with your call on Brown earlier - although for stupidity Mitchell has it covered for this game. Yeah, there was nothing in it and they probably wouldn't have taken the quick throw, but Joubert had laid the law down earlier. If he hadn't sent him, we would be calling him soft for not not living up to his warnings.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think it needs to be mentioned (considering how negative everyone is being) that the second half score line was 17 - 14 with Mitchell out for the whole thing.

Yeah, I was expecting it to turn even uglier than it ended up being. There was some good work when we were camped on their line for a couple of times in the 2nd half. If we could have held a few restarts we might have ended up a bit closer, never seen the like of it.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
LOL I saw Robbie Deans presser. That dill has no answer anymore. He tried reverting to talking cliches and talking philosophical rugby garbage, then gave up. Lost for words, no bullshit to hide behind this time.

B

Bod

Tackle, tackle, tackle - schoolboy stuff really! Although what do I care? The worrying thing is, that Aussie XV would probably have whooped most of the 6N sides, possibly with the exception
of France, and the front 3 are shit.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Even though I expected the blacks to win, I am still gutted. That was a limp wristed performance from the Wobbs but they seem to becoming a regular occurance now so I shouldn't be surprised. The lack of intensity and deparation was evident from the kick off, but look at almost any tackle, ruck or maul unless Pocock was involved. The blacks were smarter, more desparate, more effective and working as a team. I thought the end score flattered us.

Where to from here? Stuffed if I know to be honest but it could be very ugly next week unless the weather slows the kiwis down abit.

I called the game over after 20 minutes and predicted 50 points to the ABs to my half pissed mates.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The fact is the ABs weren't as good as they were against the Boks anywhere apart from the re-start. For instance Pocock (no thanks to Elsom and Brown) matched Mcaw and maybe better him as he wasn't penalised once) at the breakdown. If the ABs played as they did against the Boks it would have been 60+.

Nah, thats rubbish. The ABs didn't set the world on fire against SA, in fact they made a lot of quite basic errors. I thought they played a lot better tonight, and converted a lot more of their chances with ball in hand. Their lineout was good and their backs superb. And I thought we weren't that bad in the second half with 14 men- we scored two good tries FFS!

I think we can get a lot closer to the ABs. They scored a few fortunate tries and we played half the game with 14. Most things went wrong tonight. Only a few bounces of the ball have to go our way and it is back within 10. I don't know whether we can beat them, but we can certainly make more of a game. We'd fucking well better, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.