• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

LOL I saw Robbie Deans presser. That dill has no answer anymore. He tried reverting to talking cliches and talking philosophical rugby garbage, then gave up. Lost for words, no bullshit to hide behind this time.

Watch a bit closer and pay attention: I think you will find he was just simply bewildered and shocked and just coming to terms with the fact that the greatest Super coach of all time has just had his international career fucked by a team of wombats.

B

Bod

What's with the oppo's restarts? Did'nt look like a single Aussie had a clue!!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can I mention that this is the first game of rugby in my life I have ever turned off and stormed out of the room on? Refs were shit, TMO (an aussie) was worse, and Joubert need to get some more money off the all blacks, cause they clearly didnt pay him enough. Carter's chargedown hit nonu's foot, carter was clearly offside from this, and dont get me started on Mils or Richie.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Can I mention that this is the first game of rugby in my life I have ever turned off and stormed out of the room on? Refs were shit, TMO (an aussie) was worse, and Joubert need to get some more money off the all blacks, cause they clearly didnt pay him enough. Carter's chargedown hit nonu's foot, carter was clearly offside from this, and dont get me started on Mils or Richie.

Please Peter post under your real name.

The ref had a reasonable game, and considering an Tah fans hatred for Kraplan and Joubert that is a pretty good statement. The refs have been consistant over all the games, something we have been asking for in previous years. The ABs again got away with their constant offside play at the ruck and hands in (as with Conrad Smith batting the ball out for Mcaws try) but how is that any different from the previous three games.

The Wallabies played shit and were justly rewarded for their lack of application.

Q

Queue

you muppets need to stop being so irrational about the game. With a man down for the whole second half, the score line was 17-14 and traditionally the second half is when the all blacks really break teams apart. So in real life, not in your bitter jaded minds, the wallabies actually did show a bit of heart.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, the refs didn't cost us anything. They were odd at times, and overly pedantic on a number of rulings. But they were so far down the list of reasons we lost. But I can understand walking out...

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Watch a bit closer and pay attention: I think you will find he was just simply bewildered and shocked and just coming to terms with the fact that the greatest Super coach of all time has just had his international career fucked by a team of wombats.

Some players dominate Super rugby but can't make the step up to test match rugby. I guess it translate the same with coaches.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The first thing that needs to be said is that this was an awesome AB display. They had a lot thrown at them and still just fronted up and put the Wallabies away with clinical precision. They were certainly better than they were in the second trinations test and probably better than they were in the first.

The second thing that should be said is that they got the rub of the green almost all night. They got the half decisions and the bounce of the ball. That would not have stopped them winning but the result would have been closer had they been more tightly refereed. A lot of the contributors here want a complete clean-out but that is not yet justified. But we have a lot of work to do before next week.

There just aren't the cattle available to change the whole squad. The injury list is too long and our first choice players in 2, 3, 5, 8, 10 and 14 are just not available. But there are some things we should do:

1. Give Slipper a go at a run on spot with Maafu as 17. If it turns to custard we can bring on Maafu early.
2. Put Mumm back to 18 and give Rob Simmons a start.
3. Move Rocky to 8 and start Hodgson at 6. Brown to 19, he gave it everything tonight - you can't question his effort - but he reminds me a lot of Scott Fava. He does not have the physical qualities to play 8 and Hodgson is more dynamic, though he too is a bit undersize.
4. Bring Shepherd in at 14. Bring A. Fainga'a in to 12 to look after Nonu. Leave Gits at 10 until Cooper is back.
5. The last winger position is a problem. Its either O'Connor (not a winger) or Mitchell (accustomed to brain snaps). Maybe O'Connor.

The gameplan needs a lot of work. Too often we threw passes to stationary people. You have to hit the ball at pace to be effective and too often we were sitting ducks.

Its not irretrievable but we have to change our attitudes and put them under pressure. That means putting them down when they have the ball. It means keeping the ball in our possession when we get it and not giving it away. It means playing at 100% for eighty minutes. We did some good things, just not enough of them.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeh after i've had a bit of time to settle down i've realised its not all bad. Robinson had a poor game and still needs to find his feet which im sure he will as he's in the beginning stages of returning from injury, same with Moore. Gits i think didnt do too badly made some good runs, and once cooper is back should make for a better combination. We still have A LOT of key players out injured, Palu, TPN, Diggers, Higgenbothem, Alexander. We are lacking muscle and when u think about it every one of those injured players would add loads of muscle, and all of them back will add a fuck load of muscle.

Reviewing the game, thought barnes was good in defense to take out nonu, but in attack he is just non-existent. Maybe we should have brought To'omua in while quade is out. Not sure about Gits 10, A. Fainga 12 combo as it just seems to lack playmaking skills. We are pretty screwed without cooper in attack he offers so much with his long passing game, stepping, running, inside balls, kicking and unpredictability. Elsom is just a bad captain like mentions b4 does nothing to get the boys motivated. I heard somewhere the captain should be the first player picked, in my eyes thats pocock and genia.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Please Peter post under your real name.

The ref had a reasonable game,

The Wallabies played shit and were justly rewarded for their lack of application.

Fair call. Considering Joubert's previous form, I reckon he had a pretty good game. Didn't really favour either side for mine, and is obviously under starters orders with the lifting tackle stuff. There will always be a few mistakes - I thought he missed a couple of Wallaby forward passes in tight, but made the wrong call when Kurtly Beal looked to be away.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
you muppets need to stop being so irrational about the game. With a man down for the whole second half, the score line was 17-14 and traditionally the second half is when the all blacks really break teams apart. So in real life, not in your bitter jaded minds, the wallabies actually did show a bit of heart.

The game was over after 30 minutes. When Mitchell was carded the ABs closed up shop and went through the motions, they didn't compete as heard at any facet of play except the re-starts where the Wallabies showed less than the GPS schools teams.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The game was over after 30 minutes. When Mitchell was carded the ABs closed up shop and went through the motions, they didn't compete as heard at any facet of play except the re-starts where the Wallabies showed less than the GPS schools teams.

That's a fair point, but you do have to give the Wallabies credit for their second half effort. The tries were good ones as well, not breakouts or intercepts. With 14 on the park. And the Abs didn't totally shut up shop (still scored two tries), although I agree they weren't at 100%.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Time for a massive clean out of the Wallabies. I couldn't care less about the RWC. I want to see a Wallaby team actually perform two week running. Tonight's crap puts in perspective how bad the Springboks were last week.

Good to see your passion back Gnostic, thanks. Umm, yes, re your concerns above. That good latter point you make about the Boks in Brisbane is accurate and telling. But the Fanboys and Cheerleaders post Brisbane just did not want to hear of it (as usual), they were just back on the 'back the vibe, back the 'vision', developing depth', all over again, and being somewhat sarcastic towards those who held a different, or more cautious, view.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Smashing example of Crusader rugby. Fucking awful to watch for any Wobs fans. On an unrelated note, Genia was poor but was put under a lot of pressure by the AB's. Brown showed heart, Elsom sometimes did too. Pocock is in a league of his own.These players are capable, but the gameplan is terrible. That said, the Wallabies should be declared insane; repeating the same act multiple times and expecting different results.

DPK, I always respect your views. Why was 'the gameplan terrible'? What needs to be done about that deficiency? Who is responsible and accountable for that deficiency? Why were these Wallabies 'insane'?

D

daz

That's a fair point, but you do have to give the Wallabies credit for their second half effort. The tries were good ones as well, not breakouts or intercepts. With 14 on the park. And the Abs didn't totally shut up shop (still scored two tries), although I agree they weren't at 100%.

Just watched the replay and you know what? I'm not sure there is too much credit to be given. The game was pretty much done and dusted before Mitchell had his brain snap, and was certainly over after his brain snap. All over at the halfway mark. I could be generous I suppose but that is fucking woeful, regardless of effort.

The restarts were fucking awful and I don't think we even won one of them. There was little in the way of hitting the ball at speed. Little in the way of line breaks. Pretty poor decision making especially in the first half.

Having said that, the AB's were immense. They would have beaten any team last night without a problem. Credit to them.

The ref had a pretty big influence on the game but it did seem he was even handed on the whole. Some strange decisions against the Wobs and the AB's did have a bit of luck on their side but winners usually do. We did not lose because of the ref, put it that way.

Simply put, the Wobs showed us two major character traits we have come to expect; a) they can not play for 80 minutes with a full compliment of ability (either good defense or good attack. Rarely both together and sometimes both missing) and b) They just have no idea what it takes to win back to back. Premature celebration syndrome?

8 losses in a row to the Blucks is quite frankly a national fucking disgrace. They should be ashamed. I know I am, right now.

Now, some of us are calling for the coach's head. Some are calling for the immediate sacking of several players. Fair enough, I suppose. But instead of calling for a national fucking forensic task force to delve into these problems, and taking pages and pages of this forum to debate historical problems and airy, nonsensical and fruitless suppositions on where the ARU went wrong, ask yourself these very simple questions:

1) Who will replace Deans and what makes you think that person could do a better job with the same cattle?
2) Who is eligible for Wallaby selection to replace those current players who should be sacked and would they do a better job?

Something is wrong in Wallabyland. We all know it. But is there any guarantee things would improve with whole-sale axings less than 18 months out from the RWC? I don't think so...

B

BRIX

I'm going to make this one short and sweet.

I think all this talk of Drews career being over is a crock of shit.

The most disappointing element for me last night was a notion that dawned on me after Franks' binning. What a fucking soft-cock game rugby has become.

It's pretty clear that Deans will retain his position as coach up until the RWC. He just needs new pair of deputies.

a record equaling 8 losses in a row is not good enough. As someone alluded to earlier, this shit would never go down in NZ.

P.S. credit due, All Blacks were unstoppable.

P.P.S. Barnes & Brown make me sick.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

I was having trouble with the reception because there was a storm in the area and I was following it on Planet Rugby as well.
I read that Mitchell had been given a red and I walked away. It is the first time I have ever walked away from watching a Wallaby test.
Joubert was just being himself and you cannot blame him or the touchies.
There was no real reason to think we might win this game but the performance was very disappointing. It was areas where professional rugby players should be proficient where we let ourselves down.
Tackling, passing, catching, re-starts etc.

Anyway, we live to fight another day and the ABs are a side well and truly on top of their game. Congrats to them.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
..snip...

1) Who will replace Deans and what makes you think that person could do a better job with the same cattle?
2) Who is eligible for Wallaby selection to replace those current players who should be sacked and would they do a better job?

Daz,
The absolute crux of the matter.

Several other enlightened posters have similarly arrived at the same conclusions.

It is all very well (and very easy to be) perform as a Leader of the Opposition and simply point out the blinding obvious, but having done so (sacked Deans and 1/2 the team) what would you do to rectify the situation?

This is the difference between the Leader of the Opposition (citicise the shit out of everything) and the Prime Minister (actually implement solutions).

Status
Not open for further replies.