• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well that was just a shit effort. If I was Deans I would have left the ground early, he cant help a team that doesn't put in the effort.

A really good example of this was not contesting a line out, why dont we do it? it is an opportunity to contest for the ball and even though the odds are stacked against winning against the throw (we try to pilfer the ball but the odds of succeeding are probably worse!) it says a lot about our attitude. From memory it wasn't until Simmons jumping by himself in the 68th minute that we actually tried to steal it. Does a rookie being the only one trying to win posession a sign that some players are taking their position as a given?

I think the backline was terrible all night, I dont think this is helped by forwards constantly being between each back, we are too congested too often. The only spark in intensity was Beale at the death, I know everyone else was tired but he seemed to add some sort of spark.

Forwards were not too good, huge wraps on Pocock again, by far our best, I would revert to S Fainga to start the game as I think he was better than Moore and I think Brown should be gone.The biggest call to make is with Rocky, I just dont see him as a captain, he needs to have the ability to go pshyco when he wants to, tonight he looked like he wanted to kill an All Black but I think he is forced to play fair by the big "C" next to his name. A similar thing occured with Horwill for QLD, he was a better player when he was a nut case. Rocky needs to be let loose and this might actually fire up the others in the forwards. You just dont get the feeling that an Australian Forward is actually ever going to inflict pain.

I hope there is a lot of practice at restarts this week!

NZ were just too good but I think they were lucky the referee got more lenient with players not rolling away the longer the game went, I am sure the NZ physios will have a lot of work removing bruises from the backrows backs from lying on the ball at the breakdown.

Not impressed by the Referee performance at all, why can the video referee be able to give a decision based on a replay but he cant identify an number for the referee if he fails to see a number on the field? I absolutly dont think that the tackle in the 2nd half even deserved a whistle, but the result being that if the number was seem then he would have been put off is just stupid, what if it was a really serious incident? If there is an all in brawl should the players take off thier shirts to avoid identification?

Did anyone see footage of why Mitchell was binned? I cant recall a replay.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Fox guys going on about the Carter try being offside...well, on replay he was, but so what? Did they miss the other 6 tries? Get over it, we got owned.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Barnes charged down kick was a key moment for me. I simply could not believe he let that happen. Should have been dragged for A.Franga then and there never to see wobb colours again

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
New zealand have a population of around 4-5 million, there is an estimated 400-500 thousand new zealanders in australia, 10% of new zealand is in australia. #FML

R

rugbyfan

Seb - Go through that game again, he may have gotten palmed off, but he and Pocock were the only wallabies showing any heart, and running/tackling with a bit of sting. I was literally watching him for the end 30 minutes of the game, and he was everywhere, and was extremely aggresive.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
In regard to Mitchells first yellow, a mate at the game reckons it was for an off the ball hit on McCaw, and was deserved.
The second was for slowing the game after both captains had been warned of it.

From the sounds of it, both cards were deserved.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
fitting

Attachments

• wannabies.png
    wannabies.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 191

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We got owned, great work from the ABs, they did all the little things right, it was boys against men.

I just just watched Deans' press conference, he is just devastated

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Fox guys going on about the Carter try being offside...well, on replay he was, but so what? Did they miss the other 6 tries? Get over it, we got owned.

And lots more dribble about offsides and forward passes, and poor calls from George Ayoub.

Methinks these blokes have been listening to PdV whinging for too long.

We was well and truly out played and out thought out there tonight.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Wallaby deadwood need to be cut and shown the door:-

Robbie Deans
Jim Williams
Richard Graham
Giteau
Elsom
Brown
Mitchell

Bench:
O'Connor

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
In regard to Mitchells first yellow, a mate at the game reckons it was for an off the ball hit on McCaw, and was deserved.

Watched it on replay after the game, it was a soft yellow, deserved a penalty and warning.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Without doubt Farva. Just stupid from Mitchell and his Wallaby career is now over.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And lots more dribble about offsides and forward passes, and poor calls from George Ayoub.

Methinks these blokes have been listening to PdV whinging for too long.

We was well and truly out played and out thought out there tonight.

Well, all the final stuff seemed like a piss-take, to be fair to Marto, Kearns and Clarke. Even they didn't believe the shit they were shovelling.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Wallaby deadwood need to be cut and shown the door:-

Robbie Deans
Jim Williams
Richard Graham
Giteau
Elsom
Brown
Mitchell

Bench:
O'Connor

Make that
Barnes Out RETARD
Mitchell Out RETARD
Moore Bench SHOW SOME HEART
Sharpe Bench SHOW SOME HEART

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Without doubt Farva. Just stupid from Mitchell and his Wallaby career is now over.

hard to see how, we have a winger on the other side of the field that mitchell shits all over, the second yellow should never have been given, the first i never even saw not even on replay so cant comment. He didnt slow the game down cos there was never going to be a quick throw, it was just padandic bs.

lets face it, without his individual effort it took us about 10 minutes and 30 phases to break there line the other two times. he seems the only one capable of that and therefore should be one of the first chosen.

Brown should be stamped see ya later, the clip to the back of the nz props head after he got binned with choice words and big smile was an absolute piece of crap for someone unable to back it up with actual game winning aggresion instead of just failing his arms about and making stupid attempts at large hits that look impressive and have zero impact.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

They all jumped on the band wagon when James Horwill pointed it out. Not one of the picked up on it when it happened. Bloody fools.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Giteau was way better than Barnes...on tonight's evidence I would not sack Gits. Elsom should stay, but not as captain

Status
Not open for further replies.