• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I also thought Folau was pretty quiet yet again and Mitchell seemed to be the pick of the Tahs back 3.

Mitchell gifted the Rebels their first try with a terrible piece of decision-making. Folau was certainly quiet in comparison to some of his earlier games, but he still ran 69m, more than any of the Rebels per rugbystats.com.au. I think teams are looking to keep the ball away from him more than they were in earlier rounds. He needs to get himself involved a bit more actively. Not a great game, but not a bad one either.

Dennis showed why his selection was unwarranted. Too anonymous when the team needed leadership and direction, and never seemed to have those moment of injection that Higgers provided.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
True, but i guess the difference is their out of form performance is better than the competitors in form performance!

True enough. Although, I may get shouted at for this, but at the time he got injured TPN was the form Aussie hooker and IF things continued as they were (a big if) then I would have picked him to start against the Lions. I think Moore is a great player, but he isn't in the best of form and TPN had a couple of really big games just before he went down.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I agree, and was ignoring TPN from my comment due to his injury.

TPNs best game is better than Moore's best game but on average he isn't as good. Think that makes him the impact player for me.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Also if Barnes can't prove he is an 80 minute player before the first test, can we risk selecting him as a run on? Might be better off the bench with Folau starting?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's not the QANTAS Wallabies, it's the Wallabies sponsored by QANTAS.

This really shits me.

This sort of clusterfuck features in all their advertising and promotions.

Rant over (for the time being).
Last week I was walking througha shopping centre in QLD and was approached by some walk up sales person. I think he was selling solar panels or something. I was proudly wearing my Wallabies jersey and as I got closer he looked at me and said "I go for the QANTAS's as well"!
I was dumfounded by his stupididy and lack of knowledge. It was in a very strong foreign accent so as a new aussie he may not have realised.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
True enough. Although, I may get shouted at for this, but at the time he got injured TPN was the form Aussie hooker and IF things continued as they were (a big if) then I would have picked him to start against the Lions. I think Moore is a great player, but he isn't in the best of form and TPN had a couple of really big games just before he went down.
I think of TPN as I would a player returning from injury.

When a player comes back from an injury you want to be 100% sure he will not get reinjured from the same problem. (as much as this is possible). THis is why you try to get them to play some rugby to prove themself.

TPN to me is like bringing an injured player back early, there is a better than average chance of him getting injured. The way he plays is too dangerous for me. One day he will cost his team poorly by knocking him self out in the first few minutes and not being able to run it off.

If TPN were fit and playing a different style he would be my first pick at hooker.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i think moore needs to sit out the next few weeks
id take a non match fit moore into the lions series any day before anyone else in the country
we cant afford to lose him to injury or we are finished- forget all the talk about the backline without moore weve got no scrum and an already weak lineout

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i think barnes needs to start from the bench for the lions> there is no shame in this
hes a proven performer who can come on and close out a game or even win it for us if necessary
id love to see deans have faith in falou and start him @ 15
barnes is one of my favourite players and he jus has that queenslander dependability about him

P

Paradox

Shout time. Moore was simply outstanding against the Blues in atrocious conditions against one of the top 6 sides on their own patch - you didn't catch the game right? I get the impressive you wouldn't have any Brumby forwards in the Wallabies starting XV even though they've been the best Aussie super pack for 2 years now especially at the breakdown and lineout. TPN has never been as consistent as Moore at any level and hasn't delivered at test level yet. A couple of big games just shouldn't be enough to warrant selection. Furthermore blokes like TPN need to deliver away from home as do a number of a "regular" Wallabies. TPNs performance in the wet against the Irish in the world cup still gives me shivers. World class players are consistent and Moore is that.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I agree, and was ignoring TPN from my comment due to his injury.

TPNs best game is better than Moore's best game but on average he isn't as good. Think that makes him the impact player for me.

Perfectly put.

I hope that Moore a) finds more consistent form, and b) is able to play 80 minutes of all 3 matches. Fainga'a terrifies me.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Perfectly put.

I hope that Moore a) finds more consistent form, and b) is able to play 80 minutes of all 3 matches. Fainga'a terrifies me.

Same here, nowhere near test standard at the moment. Hansen would've been a better option.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
We have had a really unlucky injury run with our young hookers who should be coming through now.

Fitzy, Charles, Whittaker have all had significant long term injuries which has really hurt our depth considering one of our first choice hookers plays like a kamikaze.

I thought Fitzy looked like the main future prospect but I now doubt we will ever find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.