• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah real shame about Fitzy, great potential but always gets a season ending injury. Same as Dave McDuling.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Burgess was not selected in the country side. Is this an indication he will be in the next 6 chosen?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wouldn't it have been more of an indication that he was under consideration if he was selected in the country side as he won't be playing for the Rebels in the coming weeks?

I don't see how or why Burgess' name should be floated anywhere near the squad anyways..........

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
i agree. if he's not playing for country and he's unlikely to get a jersey for the rebels, i don't see how he can be in the wallabies squad.
based on hill's comments, i would be shocked if burgess got given a run against the lions for the rebels. the two nicks aren't going to get to play against the lions again and such bad form if burgess gets a jersey.
besides, both white and phipps played well this weekend and continue to do so.

by the way - have i said pyle should be in the team?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Does anyone think Deans cares if Burgess plays before he's selected? I thought he made clear at the presser that since Burgo was contracted to an Aussie club and no other side, he'd be available.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't see what playing here beforehand has to do with anything. It won't change Deans' mind either way.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
It could be difficult to monitor the form of the squad members at this stage of the Super season. I have no doubt in my mind that the 25 guys chosen have one eyes on the Lions and i suspect more than a few are going to keep their powder dry so that they are available come the 22nd of June. That 's likely to translate into some mediocre performances.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Burgess in the country? Surely one must be in the country to be selected for country or The country.

I don't remember the time date but Deans said Burgess had spoken to him and was leaving France very shortly if Toulouse lost (which they did).

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I guess it is a year too late for Samo. He just has that amazing strength. Deans is looking for the same from Timani who has not quite figured out to use it effectively yet.
We need a few pack members who can reciprocate and put some hurt on the Lions forwards.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^

Plenty of discussion about the eligibility criteria on the Country vs B&I Lions Thread, and some unhappy punters.

Seems to be a bit of a misnomer calling it Combined NSW/QLD Country team.

It is more of a NSW/QLD Country Presidents Invitation XV.

youngone

Allen Oxlade (6)
It could be difficult to monitor the form of the squad members at this stage of the Super season. I have no doubt in my mind that the 25 guys chosen have one eyes on the Lions and i suspect more than a few are going to keep their powder dry so that they are available come the 22nd of June. That 's likely to translate into some mediocre performances.

Forgive my ignorance, what reason was there to pick a squad so early? Surely they could have just named a 31 man squad in time for them to go into camp...

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Forgive my ignorance, what reason was there to pick a squad so early? Surely they could have just named a 31 man squad in time for them to go into camp.

We've discussed this in another thread I think.Did anyone come up with an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.