• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
No don't use the stupid Cathy Newman of BBC fame "So You Are Saying". That is not what I wrote.

sheesh this is hard work. So you ultimately agree with what we've said; you've just argued over over the semantics of how the point was made.

I'm glad we all agree that attributes like passing, tackling, ball-running and kicking are more critical for a back, than skills like jacking.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
sheesh this is hard work. So you ultimately agree with what we've said; you've just argued over over the semantics of how the point was made.

I'm glad we all agree that attributes like passing, tackling, ball-running and kicking are more critical for a back, than skills like jacking.
Only hard work when you are making things up that aren't there.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Potentially a lot of talent in a nut. But the vast majority of sperm are fkn useless, but they manage by virtue of overwhelming numbers.
I realise this might not be the answer you want. ;)
I think I know a few people who might have started out as one of those fkn useless sperm.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
From memory that Churchie team played three traditional open sides as a tactic. Also Pocock was just so much tougher and more granite like that he could truck it up over and over. Other than that he didn’t really play as a back.
As someone who copped it from Pocock being at 12, lets not kid ourselves that he played there to cover Quade's inability to tackle!

Sword of Justice

Nev Cottrell (35)
As someone who copped it from Pocock being at 12, lets not kid ourselves that he played there to cover Quade's inability to tackle!
Yep, they only really needed one back whilst in possession but on defence they needed all the help they could get.

Would be hard pressed to think of a schoolboy team in history that could beat Quade and Pocock together. Possibly the Ella brothers.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Yep, they only really needed one back whilst in possession but on defence they needed all the help they could get.

Would be hard pressed to think of a schoolboy team in history that could beat Quade and Pocock together. Possibly the Ella brothers.
always love these conversations, weren't Horwill and Genia in the same team for BBC?

I used to have to play against a St Kevins XV with Jordan Uelese and Sione Tuipuloto which was particularly unfair.

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
I think I know a few people who might have started out as one of those fkn useless sperm.

You would have to say that Michael Lynagh, Brendan Nasser and Peter Jorgensen had quite a lot of talent in their left nuts, hopefully we keep churning out more sons of Wallabies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)

Would have been fun to see the Joeys teams of the same years as Quade and Pocock. Teams had Beale, Betham, Paddy Ryan, McCutcheon

Sword of Justice

Nev Cottrell (35)
always love these conversations, weren't Horwill and Genia in the same team for BBC?

I used to have to play against a St Kevins XV with Jordan Uelese and Sione Tuipuloto which was particularly unfair.
Indeed they were. Not as close to the finished product as Quade and Pocock at that stage though.

Uelese would have been scary. Didn’t he play under 8s when he was like 3?

I believe the 2007 TSS team had Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Ben Tapuai, Jono Lance, Nathan Stapleton, Luke & Simon Morahan, Jarrad Butler and Mark Swanepoel and they played unbelievably professionally but I still think Quade would have carved them and whenever he got into trouble he could always rely on dumping it to Pocock.

Before the accusations come flying, I’m a Brisbane Grammar old boy so I have the true impartiality of someone who was destroyed in roughly equal measures by all these institutions.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Indeed they were. Not as close to the finished product as Quade and Pocock at that stage though.
Nah, Will didn't play with James at BBC. Will's brother Francis played in the 02 squad with Horwill and the infamous Geoff Abrahams.

Frankie was from memory was the starting 9 in 02/03, Will was 04/05 and I cant remember if Nigel was 06/07 or 07/08.

But that 05 Churchie team flogged Nudgee on Ross. This was a Nudgee team who had Ratu aka Nadolo too ! -
Just look at the size difference between Quade and Pocock!