• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
It's like he's still trying desperately to impress that one high school English teacher. I've always found it so disappointing the degree to which Brett McKay indulges and encourages him, I otherwise appreciate his coverage, but can't stand their podcasts thanks to Harry.
Yep. Harry views himself as a learned, well read man who always wants to you know that he is a learned, well read man. I love reading rugby articles and listen to any Aus rugby podcasts I can, but his stuff is the only content I actively avoid.

Last edited:

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yep. Harry views himself me as a learned, well read man who always wants to you know that he is a learned, well read man. I love reading rugby articles and listen to any Aus rugby podcasts I can, but his stuff is the only content I actively avoid.
Or someone who earned top marks in kindy for his knowledge of nursery rhymes.

Being intelligent means knowing when it's appropriate to just get to the point.

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don’t mind moving players around. Infact most players started in one position and ended up moving elsewhere. Dan Carter was a 12 to 10, Kerevi 13 to 12, Farrell 12 to 10, most fullbacks wings before moving to 15. PSDT was a lock now blindside, Ardie Savea 7 to 8, Ioane wing to centre, etc.

I really don’t mind the Ikitau to 12 chat.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Paisami was one of the very few players he didn't rotate, and considering he want playing great,
Or maybe Schmidt thought he was doing well and wanted to stick with him in this position. Certainly all his commentary around Paisami's game was positive.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I agree in principle, but we need guys like Ikitau with the ball in their hand more and Flook proved himself a capable 13 so I don't think it's the worst idea considering we suck right now so outside the box thinking cant really hurt

Paisami was one of the very few players he didn't rotate, and considering he want playing great, it would be a fair assumption that the reason why is Schmidt's complete lack of confidence in the other options at 12

It's not the worst idea, but it would be a stop gap solution and I think Schmidt might not just want to rely on Paisami as being his only domestic option...

Last edited:

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If we are going to start playing players out of position then lets play Koroibete crashing the ball at 12 and have Wright step in to second 5 duties from fullback.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I have no idea how Harry is a journalist. He uses his articles as a year 9 English class creative piece. They're grating and offer no insights. They read as if he's just discovered what a metaphor is.

I genuinely can't work it out.

Is he a trustafarian? He seems to travel the world attending rugby matches while recording a few podcasts and writing a few articles.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I genuinely can't work it out.

Is he a trustafarian? He seems to travel the world attending rugby matches while recording a few podcasts and writing a few articles.
I'm pretty sure he's a lawyer, based out of the US but specializing in some international brand of law and has occasionally acted for World Rugby and international teams, mostly around judiciary matters.

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wonder how the rugby bug bit him.

Gridiron football and in particular college and high school football is a religion in Dallas/Abilene/Lubbock. There are high schools with 10k+ seat stadiums and a plurality of 5 star and 4 star recruits come out of that area.

Going back to the topic, unsure if Koroibete has the hands to play inside at 12. The crash balls would be lovely but it's an easy read for the defenders if the ball comes to him even if you have Wright as second receiver from fullback

Khun Phil

Frank Row (1)
He's South African not American.

Damn, now he's an overqualified shit writer, even more embarrassing. Explains his ego though.
He is most definitely a South African!
I must be the odd one out,because I actually enjoy his writing.He does tend to rave on a bit but they are a bit different to the run of the mill rugby articles.He sure does get around to a few games.

The Phoenix

Ward Prentice (10)
He is most definitely a South African!
I must be the odd one out,because I actually enjoy his writing.He does tend to rave on a bit but they are a bit different to the run of the mill rugby articles.He sure does get around to a few games.
I'm with you - I like his articles. I met him at a Roar function in Lyon before the Australia-Wales game and he's a really good bloke. As were Geoff Parkes, Tony Harper and Morgs.