• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Early predicted team for Argentina
1. Tupou?
2. Paenga-Amosa
3. Ala'alatoa?

Any feedback appreciated. Not too sure about the front row, could definitely could have Bell in there.
Tupou and Ala'alatoa both play tighthead prop (3), they won't start together. I'm guessing it'll be pairings of Bell + Ala'alatoa and Slipper + Tupou to mix experience and impact.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
He is an average prop who has played zero Super Rugby minutes this year. Selecting him ahead of Zane is not selecting on form.
Realistically speaking, with Taniela back, there is not much chance of Zane getting a look in unless there's an injury.

We've seen the "shock" omissions recently be chalked up to something we aren't privy to, whether it being having a kid, a death or annual leave.

It's within the realm of possibility that something has happened in Zane's life that isn't being shared that has warranted him staying home.

The GroundsKeeper

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Tupou?
2. Paenga-Amosa
3. Ala'alatoa?
4. Blyth
5. Salaki Loto
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Ikitau?
13. Flook?
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

Any feedback appreciated. Not too sure about the front row, could definitely could have Bell in there. Also not too sure about the centre positioning with Paisami out.
I really think you've picked the team here. I reckon that Bell should be the starting prop with the impact of Tupou to come from the bench, It will be interesting to see how the play the centers but reckon that looks alright, Wouldn't mind seeing Lynagh having a run

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I have no idea how Harry is a journalist. He uses his articles as a year 9 English class creative piece. They're grating and offer no insights. They read as if he's just discovered what a metaphor is.
It's like he's still trying desperately to impress that one high school English teacher. I've always found it so disappointing the degree to which Brett McKay indulges and encourages him, I otherwise appreciate his coverage, but can't stand their podcasts thanks to Harry.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
1. Tupou?
2. Paenga-Amosa
3. Ala'alatoa?
4. Blyth
5. Salaki Loto
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Ikitau?
13. Flook?
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

Any feedback appreciated. Not too sure about the front row, could definitely could have Bell in there. Also not too sure about the centre positioning with Paisami out.

Tupou as loosehead prop? Ikitau as inside centre? What are u drinking, mate?

The Bulldozer

Stan Wickham (3)
Tupou as loosehead prop? Ikitau as inside centre? What are u drinking, mate?
My mistake putting Tupou there. Replace him with Bell
Thought with Flook playing outside earlier in the year, could bring him in and shift Ikitau to inside. I couldn't really see who Schmidt could put at inside based off the team that he has sent to Argentina.
Who else could play inside?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
My mistake putting Tupou there. Replace him with Bell
Thought with Flook playing outside earlier in the year, could bring him in and shift Ikitau to inside. I couldn't really see who Schmidt could put at inside based off the team that he has sent to Argentina.
Who else could play inside?

Possibly one of the two inside centres they’ve taken on tour…

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm not really keen on shifting in one of our few world class players from their preferred position...

It's time to give one of these other guys an opportunity.
I agree in principle, but we need guys like Ikitau with the ball in their hand more and Flook proved himself a capable 13 so I don't think it's the worst idea considering we suck right now so outside the box thinking cant really hurt

Paisami was one of the very few players he didn't rotate, and considering he want playing great, it would be a fair assumption that the reason why is Schmidt's complete lack of confidence in the other options at 12

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Stewart is a second 5/8 type player. Could take the pressure off Lolesio a little. Has a decent boot and defends well. Likely it will be him?
Definitely. Noah hasn’t looked like getting his backline going, so not sure what’s going on at training.