• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you think club is sufficient prep then that is plain stupid. Stepping up to International Rugby from playing club with no Super Rugby this year is just ridiculous. Hope that explains things.

Maybe... it's not more sarcasm, is it?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Tizzano (35) second only to Todd Blackadder (40) in tackles won over the two matches all teams have played so far, so yes
And just the one pilfer if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be losing a lot in defence if a bigger body (Hooper, Gleeson) took the 7 spot and would be gaining impact around the ground and jumping options in the lineout. I think Carlo is really unnecessary in the test side. But in case Joe sees his style as necessary, where is a backup in case of injury? Why no Uru? Why no Reimer?

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And just the one pilfer if I remember correctly. Wouldn't be losing a lot in defence if a bigger body (Hooper, Gleeson) took the 7 spot and would be gaining impact around the ground and jumping options in the lineout. I think Carlo is really unnecessary in the test side. But in case Joe sees his style as necessary, where is a backup in case of injury? Why no Uru? Why no Reimer?
I dunno. We otherwise have a pretty limited pack in terms of mobility. You need at least one mobile loosie out there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just realised Nonggor dropped. somewhat surprising given the struggles AAA is having and that the scrum did pretty well whenever Zane came on.

I agree he was solid in the first Springboks test but he didn't pack a contested scrum last weekend.

Presumably we will see plenty of Taniela Tupou regardless.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I'm surprised to see Slipper on the plane as well. His body has been failing him big time and he has a pretty ordinary first game, not to mention he needs to sit out training for a few days.

Hodgman and Zane seem the logical decisions. I can understand we need experience that James has but it's starting to be all he offers at this stage. Would almost prefer him to rest and be ready for the All Blacks.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Which club does Zane play for? Just wondering if he was considered the 3rd THP then maybe it was a mutual decision to stay and play finals and let Tom go and hold tackle bags as emergency cover for both sides.

The GroundsKeeper

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wonder if we'll see McReight named captain once he is back?

With Bell and Tupou available it becomes a difficult (poor) choice not to have both of them on the field for the better part of the game.
I honestly think that Schmidt should go with triple A he has shown how good of a leader he is at the Brumbies and has stepped up on the international stage, it should be him any day of the week
Especially with where the wallabies are they need a leader to take charge

TGK

The Bulldozer

Stan Wickham (3)
I honestly think that Schmidt should go with triple A he has shown how good of a leader he is at the Brumbies and has stepped up on the international stage, it should be him any day of the week
Especially with where the wallabies are they need a leader to take charge

TGK
Yeah i’d agree with AAA based on leadership and consistency. I’d say it’s a flip of a coin between Topou and Bell for the other spot. Both would have great impact off the bench. Could definitely see Schmidt leaning towards Bell off South Africa performance though with Topou missing out

The GroundsKeeper

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah i’d agree with AAA based on leadership and consistency. I’d say it’s a flip of a coin between Topou and Bell for the other spot. Both would have great impact off the bench. Could definitely see Schmidt leaning towards Bell off South Africa performance though with Topou missing out
I defiantly think that bell should be a starter, I think that Tupou is best suited as an impact player off the bench for the last 20 minutes or there abouts

TGK