• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So from what I can see Pollard, Nonggorr, and Reimer are the three to miss out with BPA, Robertson and Gleeson joining the squad.

Feliuai comes in for Paisami.
Uru dropping out as well, with Canham retained after Williams and Frost returned to full fitness

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well - our front row is kinda a problem at the moment.

I’m a bit surprised Capalaba though that you think having some faith that pro coach with 20 off yrs of experience has done some due diligence around a players level of preparedness to play test footy amounts to ‘drinking the cool aid’. Schmidt had options like Nonggorr & Hodgeman to bring in if he needed to so I assume Robertson is actually in pretty good Nick.

Also, Argie was a recent World Cup semi finalist, they’re at home and they are both more settled and in better current form than us. You may want to temper your expectations.
I know I am shocked at my attitude as well, these selection decisions just piss me off. If anybody in the forum think 0 rugby is a good measure for selection then mate you are a bunch of crackies.

Schmidt said he will select on form, Robertson has no form in 2024, and Zane gets dropped?????? I thought Zane had played well. Makes no sense to me.

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Squad seems slightly improved with mainly BPA in. If we can get him on the field with Tupou, Frost and Gordon it will be a big improvement.

Glad they haven’t brought JOC (James O'Connor) in yet, let him play grand final for brothers and if he stands up well in that then could look at including him for all blacks games (could play 10 or 12)

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeh my first guess was that Tom Robertson is most likely just there to pack down in the opposition scrum at training. Unlikely he'll play

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
They also haven't played any rugby in 2024, Schmidt needs to make a couple of phone calls I have a spare pair of Size 10s at home.
I'm talking about defence. Sometimes the Wallabies head coach hided Quade and Genia to put there a stronger tackler

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So is Gleeson 7 cover?
I'd think so

HK: Paenga-Amosa, Faessler, Nasser
PR: Bell, Tupou, Ala'alatoa, Kailea, Slipper, Robertson
LK: Frost, Blyth, Salakaia-Loto, Canham
BR: Valetini, Wilson, Tizzano, Hooper, Williams, Glee
son

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
That was sarcasm?

Are you able to explain any further that Robertson has not played this year?
If you think club is sufficient prep then that is plain stupid. Stepping up to International Rugby from playing club with no Super Rugby this year is just ridiculous. Hope that explains things.

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
No injury, I think that Joe rates just Robertson ahead of Zane, as do I
I don't. If Robertson had played more than one game of club and touch on Sunday's with the family I wouldn't be so hard on the guy. Zane has been solid and should not have been dropped, he clearly rhe biggest loser. Schmidt lacks credibility after this call.