• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
Robertson is a decent test prop. He will not set the world on fire but will hold his own at scrum time. He is also good in the tight. Very busy.
He is an average prop who has played zero Super Rugby minutes this year. Selecting him ahead of Zane is not selecting on form.

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think we start with Bell and TT to give us a chance of getting on top in the scrums and the tight. This is not the Boks with a crazy bomb squad and we should put our best on the park at the start.
Bell in the tight yes, Tupou is terrible in the tight, fantastic at scrum time and with ball in hand.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He is an average prop who has played zero Super Rugby minutes this year. Selecting him ahead of Zane is not selecting on form.
You sound like someone in the know? He has always stood up technically at scrum time and has been busy at the coalface. I presume JS and Mike Cron feel the same way. Angus Bell started after not having played for anybody for how many months?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
1haoyh.jpg

The Bulldozer

Stan Wickham (3)
Early predicted team for Argentina
1. Tupou?
2. Paenga-Amosa
3. Ala'alatoa?
4. Blyth
5. Salaki Loto
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Ikitau?
13. Flook?
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

Any feedback appreciated. Not too sure about the front row, could definitely could have Bell in there. Also not too sure about the centre positioning with Paisami out.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Yeah AAA seems way off the pace. Another bloke we could be looking at in another universe is Sio @Dctarget He been doing any good?
As well as a loosehead can go I think in a middling team. Started every game, didn't let himself down nor set the world on fire. I don't remember him getting much attention from commentators but I've never really seen any Aussie props go OS and get praise.

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
I find it pretty weird that there is any expectation for a pro coach like Schmidt to pick "on form".

Super Rugby round games finished nearly 3 months ago. There is no form for non-test players
Robertson has no form in 2024 and Schmidt stipulated his selection criteria.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Robertson has no form in 2024 and Schmidt stipulated his selection criteria.
Where did Schmidt do that?

I've heard Nongorr snores and no-one want to share a room with him

Robertson has great form for carrying a tackle bag, being the 4th choice LH and 3rd choice TH, and getting 10 mins at the end of one of the games, while keeping spirits up with stories of the Oxford College initiation rituals. He's the perfect guy to take on tour.

He's also a doctor so can safely administer the backroom performance-enhancing injections that they usually rely on some impressionable easily swayed student to do

(note none of this is true)

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
Early predicted team for Argentina
1. Tupou? (Bell)
2. Paenga-Amosa
3. Ala'alatoa?
4. Blyth (Frost)
5. Salaki Loto
6. Valetini
7. Tizzano
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Ikitau? (Stewart)
13. Flook? (Ikitau)
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

Any feedback appreciated. Not too sure about the front row, could definitely could have Bell in there. Also not too sure about the centre positioning with Paisami out.