• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
perhaps but maybe we should keep one of our world class players in the position they are world class in
Moving guys like Nonu, Mortlock, Umaga etc worked out okay.

I’m in no particular rush to see him moved but I do think he has all the attributes of a good 12.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Nearly got the reply wrong - 12 players should read 'the 12 playing'. Paisami is not the worst 12 we have had and not the best.
I am not in favour of referring to guys with the guts to step up against a powerful and bigger opponent being classed as dross.
We are what we are and we all need to get used to it. Even I, a perennial suggester of young talent have abandoned those ideas and resigned to support what we have and not what we don't have.
No, I meant the 12 players that play inside Ikitau

Our pack is soft, 9-10 combo is clueless and our 12 is a one trick pony (and it ain’t a great trick)

Ikitau cant affect the game due to the utter dross inside him

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
Moving guys like Nonu, Mortlock, Umaga etc worked out okay.

I’m in no particular rush to see him moved but I do think he has all the attributes of a good 12.
Difference is those 3 had wonderful players both inside and outside them

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
That doesn’t actually make any difference to the argument whether Ikitau should be moved to 12 or not. If anything it might support the move as it might get him some more ball.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
That doesn’t actually make any difference to the argument whether Ikitau should be moved to 12 or not. If anything it might support the move as it might get him some more ball.
The 12 position should be a second 10 with more bulk to take the pressure off our 10. Ikitau is a fine 13 and I prefer to leave him there - unless it is a short term fix for the RC and our woeful injury problem that never seems to end.

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
IMG_2612.jpeg

Good to see BPA still no Wright

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
The 12 position should be a second 10 with more bulk to take the pressure off our 10. Ikitau is a fine 13 and I prefer to leave him there - unless it is a short term fix for the RC and our woeful injury problem that never seems to end.
I’m not actually advocating for change as such. Simply agreeing with the earlier point that I thin Ikitau has all the skills to be a very good 12. His distribution skills are pretty good so I don’t see he’d have any issues acting as an additional playmaker at times. IMO he is a genuine triple threat in attack.

rugbyAU

Alan Cameron (40)
1 - Bell
2 - BPA
3 - AA
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - Tizzano
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Lolesio
11 - Korobiete
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Kellaway
15 - Wright
16 - Faessler
17 - Slipper
18 - TT
19 - Williams
20 - Hooper
21 - McDermott
22 - Donaldson
23 - Jorgensen

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Tizzano an auto selection? There's no Reimer there, along with McReight and Wright out

Hopefully we get to see Tizzano (1.8m) up agianst Marcus Kremer (2m). A real clash of styles

Tazzmania

Syd Malcolm (24)
Tizzano an auto selection? There's no Reimer there, along with McReight and Wright out

Hopefully we get to see Tizzano (1.8m) up agianst Marcus Kremer (2m). A real clash of styles
Tizzano (35) second only to Todd Blackadder (40) in tackles won over the two matches all teams have played so far, so yes