• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Does Kerevi isn't fit to play mean he was recently injured and he's working diligently with physios to get back to full fitness for his club, or does it mean he's quite happy stuffing around in Div 2 Japanese rugby, and doesn't really fancy doing the training that would be required to get to test match standard?
My understanding of the reporting is more aligned with the latter, but more than happy for someone to correct me.

I’m sure a few weeks in France and Croatia didn’t help his cause, but I don’t blame him

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It’s Bayley Kuenzle time. Big lad and he played 12 at the Brumbies. Has a decent boot and speed to burn as well. He is 26 so right to grow with this team.
I like the lad but unfortunately he may miss the entire 2025 Super Rugby Pacific season with a serious knee injury.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
What did you expect RA to do?
In the past, present or future? First of all they should have offered him a contract that he couldn't deny like Sua'ali'i. Cause he's the only top class inside centre right now and the second one is far far away in level

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Stewart has been in the squad. Surely you’d assume he’d be a decent chance. Either that or move Ikitau in one and play Flook at 13.
I think long-term Ikitau could actually be a fantastic 12. He’s robust in contact, has a good short passing game and the left foot is handy. I just don’t really have faith in the Australian coaching system to make it happen.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
In the past, present or future? First of all they should have offered him a contract that he couldn't deny like Sua'ali'i. Cause he's the only top class inside centre right now and the second one is far far away in level
Ok… so nothing that relates to the current wallaby squad selections and discussions then..

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
The Japanese Top League doesn't kick off until 21 December.

What are they going to do over their at training for the next 4 months? You'd think he would want to play international just to break it up a bit

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
I think long-term Ikitau could actually be a fantastic 12. He’s robust in contact, has a good short passing game and the left foot is handy. I just don’t really have faith in the Australian coaching system to make it happen.
perhaps but maybe we should keep one of our world class players in the position they are world class in

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
Problem is he's one of our few world class players as a 13, you'd be weakening a strength... will be interesting to see how Sual'ii fits in next year though/it might be worth considering then

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stewart has been in the squad. Surely you’d assume he’d be a decent chance. Either that or move Ikitau in one and play Flook at 13.
What has happened to Foketi? He is never mentioned but haven't seen anything about him leaving AUS.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Having a world class Centre means means pretty much nothing when the 12 players inside him are dross
Nearly got the reply wrong - 12 players should read 'the 12 playing'. Paisami is not the worst 12 we have had and not the best.
I am not in favour of referring to guys with the guts to step up against a powerful and bigger opponent being classed as dross.
We are what we are and we all need to get used to it. Even I, a perennial suggester of young talent have abandoned those ideas and resigned to support what we have and not what we don't have.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Problem is he's one of our few world class players as a 13, you'd be weakening a strength... will be interesting to see how Sual'ii fits in next year though/it might be worth considering then
I think in the long term we’re stronger with a Ikitau and JS/ Petaia combination then anything with Paisami or Foketi.