• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
this is a logic I don’t really agree with Phil.

looking thru the lense of one game should not be your evaluation on HMP.

he has looked the goods playing qpr most of season and with his limited opportunities in super rugby.

if Schmidt has no qualms about selecting Josh Nassir who is backup to Matt Fesseler then 1B HMP can be in the wallabies side next to 1A Tom Lynagh.

plus I am of logic there’s no argument for any player not to be in a squad in first year of a new coach or the caveat that it’s a World Cup year

HMP's strengths and weaknesses aren't currently suited to international rugby, which is more the issue than how he played on the weekend. At the Reds/Super Rugby level, HMP is the ying to Lynagh's yang; HMP is more of a ball runner/playmaker, but his kicking isn't as good, and his composure is still developing, which is where Lyagh's strengths lie.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Cale is having shoulder surgery, so out for the season. McReight and Wright outside chances to be named. Bell, Ala'alatoa, Williams, Slipper, Frost, Jake Gordon, Tupou will all be available.

Leota and BPA are maybes.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Besides Paisami and Cale, it looks like more players are returning then going out with injury.

McReight, Wright, Bell, Tupou, Frost, Gordon etc. all coming back.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week old goss from Pandaram...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/168a885b119b2a4a4389143465d18624

Code Sport understands that if fit, Sua'ali'i will be included in the Wallabies squad for the spring tour starting in November.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
ruled out of TRC with an MCL. Kerevi still not fit, Foketi banned, Feliuai is inline for debut lol. We're so boned.
It will have to be Stewart won't it? JOC (James O'Connor) would be another option, otherwise they will have to do a backline rejig. That said, I won't be surprised if Foketi's red get's downgraded, I was watching it live and it was 'clumsy' (the word used by Doran) but in no way malicious, and being a club game they didn't spend half an hour with the TMO having a look at it.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It will have to be Stewart won't it? JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would be another option, otherwise they will have to do a backline rejig. That said, I won't be surprised if Foketi's red get's downgraded, I was watching it live and it was 'clumsy' (the word used by Doran) but in no way malicious, and being a club game they didn't spend half an hour with the TMO having a look at it.
Even if it does has Foketi really made a case to leapfrog Feliuai? He had an indifferent season and wasn't originally selected, even when Feliuai left the squad for personal reasons and Ikitau was injured, Walton was called up ahead of him. I doubt a 'clumsy' red card will help his chances either.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That said, I won't be surprised if Foketi's red get's downgraded, I was watching it live and it was 'clumsy' (the word used by Doran) but in no way malicious, and being a club game they didn't spend half an hour with the TMO having a look at it.

I think it's a definite red card.

I can't see it not resulting in a suspension.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Even if it does has Foketi really made a case to leapfrog Feliuai? He had an indifferent season and wasn't originally selected, even when Feliuai left the squad for personal reasons and Ikitau was injured, Walton was called up ahead of him. I doubt a 'clumsy' red card will help his chances either.
All I said was I won't be surprised if his red gets downgraded. If it does the rest is up to Schmidt. From memory Foketi was on leave and it was just to hold tackle bags anyway.