• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
Kailea best at both Super Rugby and Test in 2024 is far better than what Bell has produced in 2024. Yes CURRENT form is what I am talking about.
This is good to debate the unsung heroes of the Team, instead of Noah's kicking v Lynagh's option taking, Flook's size v Hunter's lack of passing, back threes poor defensive reads v Wright's offensive decision making, Skeleton v Undersized locks can't stop a maul, and finally who replaces Fraser.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And yet the coaches have selected Bell in the squad. I mean, obviously they don't know as much as you...
Maybe they see something in him?

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
Show me something from 2024. OK enough said.
And now bell is avaialable which makes him the best LHP we have fit
Only a few players in the wallabies squad can miss time and come straight in
He needs game time as well so where else will he get it? Playing rugby against the boks
If he wasn’t good enough to come straight back in he would be playing shute shield

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
Kailea best at both Super Rugby and Test in 2024 is far better than what Bell has produced in 2024. Yes CURRENT form is what I am talking about.
This is good to debate the unsung heroes of the Team, instead of Noah's kicking v Lynagh's option taking, Flook's size v Hunter's lack of passing, back threes poor defensive reads v Wright's offensive decision making, Skeleton v Undersized locks can't stop a maul, and finally who replaces Fraser.
Bell had a massive start to the year
Can only compare with Fred as bell hasn’t played so you can’t say he has played better as bell hasn’t played?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
lol. Quade. His name will be brought up on here in 2027

errorquade_zpsde7837e6.png

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
OK now back to this weekends game v SA.
I would like to see us playing off our 10 and not the half back like we did v Wales.

Lynagh gives us options as he likes to run with the ball as opposed to Noah who plays flat and relies on his kicking game. Boks play rushing D with Noah being flat he and the midfield will get smashed.

We need to keep ball in hand and play a balanced forward/backs load sharing. I don't believe a forwards dominant strategy will work against the Boks.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
OK now back to this weekends game v SA.
I would like to see us playing off our 10 and not the half back like we did v Wales.

Lynagh gives us options as he likes to run with the ball as opposed to Noah who plays flat and relies on his kicking game. Boks play rushing D with Noah being flat he and the midfield will get smashed.

We need to keep ball in hand and play a balanced forward/backs load sharing. I don't believe a forwards dominant strategy will work against the Boks.
Disagree with this bit, if we don't turn up to compete in all areas of forward play then expect a 20-30 point margin against us. As a rule you should always attack your oppositions strengths and take advantage of their weaknesses.

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
They will wear us out in a forwards heavy contest, we need to be balanced. As long as we dont use the kicking for field position tactic like we did against Wales we can compete. We kick it away we lose by 24+

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fully agree re the kicking competition. We are not great at it. We must compete in the forwards, particularly at the breakdown or else the kicking will be academic.
What do you reckon the score will be or do you wait until the team announcement?

I think 15-30 to them.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I doubt we are going to see any huge changes in focus on 10 rather than 9. This is three games in with a new squad, new coach, and it is well too soon for major developments in game plan. Expect incremental development, focused on what the Springboks bring and how to play against it.

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
If we kick away possession Boks 38-14, if we hold on to the ball running off our 10 with quick ball to buy us time I think it will be close Boks 21-18.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I doubt we are going to see any huge changes in focus on 10 rather than 9. This is three games in with a new squad, new coach, and it is well too soon for major developments in game plan. Expect incremental development, focused on what the Springboks bring and how to play against it.
Dru, I suspect Schmidt will be aware of the teams strengths and weaknesses by now and will want to put some pressure on the team/squad. I am expecting an incremental improvement in skill and tactics without a huge shock on the scoreboard either ++ or --

Reactions: dru

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If we kick away possession Boks 38-14, if we hold on to the ball running off our 10 with quick ball to buy us time I think it will be close Boks 21-18.
Love the way you're thinking Cap. I love to get excited with some red wine and cheeses/bisquits onboard 21-18 will do it for me!