• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Liam Wright’s immediate future however is clouded, with the Reds and Rugby Australia considering the best course of action for the flanker after missing the past two Tests.
From Doran today. Does not sound good. Have heard reports of nerve damage in that shoulder.

Tomthumb

Alan Cameron (40)
I think I heard somewhere that we should expect a squad announcement around the 1st of August.

Regarding players, Doran has reported on the Roar:
- BPA is back in Sydney and has been scrummaging against Bell (who is on the return from injury);
- Skelton is a 50/50% on returning to the Wallabies set-up as he weighs up taking a break from a long 24 months of rugby;
- Korobiete is a stronger chance of linking up with the Wallabies than Skelton;
- No mention of Kerevi;
- Porecki is on the return path from his injury and would be available towards the back-end of the RC;
- Jorgensen was with the Wallabies last week as he's on the comeback from injury;
- Liam Wright injury is worse than initially expected and future is unknown; and,
- No mention of Rob Leota.
If that's the case, then I hope he doesn't get called up. Michael Hooper is right, Gotta be all in

Srgnt Short Ball

Chris McKivat (8)
Jake Gordon is rumoured to sign with the roosters, although he is not currently in the squad I believe he still had many caps to come. Speaks volumes to the state of Australian rugby union these days!

Last edited:

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
When are we likely to have a squad named for the RC?

add Skelton, Koriebete, BPA and Toole. Consider Kerevi if he is in good form and still up to it.
Anyone else?

Who is removed from the current mob?
That's a bloody difficult question that even Joe has said ain't easy as he wants to maintain a balance in the team. I am a fan of a balanced team particularly one where the players feel unified. The oldie is still relevant - a good team with always beat a team of stars.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If that's the case, then I hope he doesn't get called up. Michael Hooper is right, Gotta be all in
And thats been his problem since going OS. He has been a reluctant Wallaby on the rare occasions he has agreed to join. Then Jones goes and makes him captain. What sort of message does that send to young players who aspire to play at the highest level in Australia? An EJ (Eddie Jones) special.
If he's not busting at the gate to get in then leave him out. If he does want to play he will add to our pack moving forward.
Who says he is 50/50?

Tomthumb

Alan Cameron (40)
And thats been his problem since going OS. He has been a reluctant Wallaby on the rare occasions he has agreed to join. Then Jones goes and makes him captain. What sort of message does that send to young players who aspire to play at the highest level in Australia? An EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) special.
If he's not busting at the gate to get in then leave him out. If he does want to play he will add to our pack moving forward.
Who says he is 50/50?
Totally agree. Wasn't a fan of how all he could say once he was named captain was that he didn't want it, felt pretty disrespectful to an important role

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also in circumstance where our set piece is actually one of the few aspects of the team's performance that has been functioning fairly well consistently, I'm not sure it would be wise to simply throw Skelton in to the starting side. Schmidt said words to the effect that he was open to guys coming in provided they fit seamlessly into the current set up. Bringing a guy like Skelton in with virtually no time preparing with the rest of the squad could do more harm than good. I'd prefer to let him rest and then look at bringing him back in to the squad on the end of year tour (which is what I'm expecting Schmidt to do).

Srgnt Short Ball

Chris McKivat (8)
I guess his signing a two year deal with rugby has been scrapped??? Where did you get this from?
he will be finishing out his two year deal as he was denied his early release request. It will be interesting to see how he preforms in league however! Definitely a stronger pill than most of the 9's running around the nrl

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jake Gordon is rumoured to sign with the roosters, although he is not currently in the squad I believe he still had many caps to come. Speaks volumes to the state of Australian rugby union these days!
Might need a source on this one, sounds a bit outlandish.

Are you sure it was Jake Gordon, who is currently in the squad, and not Carter Gordon to the titans or Mark Nawaqanitawase to the roosters?

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
he will be finishing out his two year deal as he was denied his early release request. It will be interesting to see how he preforms in league however! Definitely a stronger pill than most of the 9's running around the nrl
I am surprised as there's nothing about this on the first search page. The last I heard he wanted to go to France.

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)
And thats been his problem since going OS. He has been a reluctant Wallaby on the rare occasions he has agreed to join. Then Jones goes and makes him captain. What sort of message does that send to young players who aspire to play at the highest level in Australia? An EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) special.
Who says he is 50/50?
Doran's article from the Roar
"Insiders have told The Roar that Skelton is a “50-50” chance of joining the Wallabies, while Koroibete is a stronger possibility of linking up with Schmidt’s squad in Brisbane late next week.

Skelton, who was Eddie Jones’ surprise pick as Wallabies captain for last year’s World Cup, is thought to be considering whether he wants to put up his hand for selection after a taxing 24 months."