• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

Where's the beef

Herbert Moran (7)
Yep, I hold that view. I am no Eddie fan, but, many of the players he picked are better players now for that experience. People forget how many forwards he lost in that squad and just look at the results. In my opinion we should have never changed from Dave Rennie, but, we did. I like JS, I hope he gets the support he deserves. As for Eddie, well I agree with the comment about not being hard. That was correct and to get anywhere, that needs to change within the players.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yep, I hold that view. I am no Eddie fan, but, many of the players he picked are better players now for that experience. People forget how many forwards he lost in that squad and just look at the results. In my opinion we should have never changed from Dave Rennie, but, we did. I like JS, I hope he gets the support he deserves. As for Eddie, well I agree with the comment about not being hard. That was correct and to get anywhere, that needs to change within the players.
I just can’t think of any he debuted that are still in Wallabies contention, outside of Tom Hooper. Nonngoor and Schoup maybe, but they weren’t really by design. Certainly can’t think of a back, although he did take Jorgensen on the RWC junket.

HogansHeros

Bob Loudon (25)
People get funny about age. I noticed the 2nd Game v Ireland the Boks put out a team with only 1 player under 30 in the starting side, Arandse who is 28. Be interesting to see where they are in a few years.

Tomthumb

Alan Cameron (40)
I can believe it, he had a great game indicating he is currently fit an ready to play, he did this against a country, not a state or province and he has experience.

He also plays in Australia and this is important for me as I don't want overseas based players in the team.

I am a Reds fan and would not have resigned him to the Reds so I have no loyalty to him but he seems like a pretty bloody good option to me.

Do you think we have issues at 10? Who would you play?
Georgia would have beaten the Welsh B team by 20 points at least

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
players he picked are better players now for that experience
Completely disagree.

Eddies poor management and coaching meant a lot of those players had to overcome significant mental hurdles after the worst RWC result. When winning games has a lot to do with mentality and belief, Eddie caused us to take a number of steps back in preparation for this year and 2025.

His poor management would have played a significant reason in why Carter Gordon left for the NRL after the Rebels folded.

The only thing Eddie and his rag tag coaching staffed helped with was, showing the players what bad coaching looks like and to voice that to the new HoR and CEO so they get ejected.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Mathieu Raynal has retired
r/rugbyunion - Mathieu Raynal retiring like he reffed, as the most unfazed man on the planet
Wallabies 2022: French rugby referee Mathieu Raynal doubles down on  Bledisloe Cup call, All Blacks, video, highlights

Yoda

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think we are being far too reactionary with these young 10’s. it takes time to develop especially with a new coach with new ideas that they aren’t used to yet

James O’Connor is not the answer, and that kind of short term thinking is why we are in the position we are now with no young 10’s being developed
TT. Common sense is hard to find on here!

Yoda

Syd Malcolm (24)
Oh wise Yoda, we are so fortunate to be sharing our time on this little blue dot with your all-knowing and infallible being.
Taking it personally Cheeseman? Just stating a fact. I know it’s a forum of opinions but there are plenty of outlandish ones. A lot of comedy definitely. There’s a poster on here who labeled Beauden Barratt a ‘Coward’! One of the great All Blacks. Coming from an anonymous forum poster. Quite sad really.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Taking it personally Cheeseman? Just stating a fact. I know it’s a forum of opinions but there are plenty of outlandish ones. A lot of comedy definitely. There’s a poster on here who labeled Beauden Barratt a ‘Coward’! One of the great All Blacks. Coming from an anonymous forum poster. Quite sad really.

To be fair, it was probably Dismal...

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Taking it personally Cheeseman? Just stating a fact. I know it’s a forum of opinions but there are plenty of outlandish ones.
Not personally at all, just calling out the hubris as demonstrated above.

We all know opinions are like arseholes in that everyone has one and they all stink - except one's own of course ;)