• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

John Solomon (38)
So, three games for Schmidt to test players out and rebuild as we march on to out first TRC match. What have we learned?

Front row is looking solid and settled. Kailea has been a great surprise package. TT, AAA, Slipper locked in. Faessler good and reliable, Pollard and Nasser in a shootout for bench.

Locks a bit up in the air. Frost and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) stocks have risen, Williams industrious, Blyth ok, Hooper good from the bench in Georgia game.

Backrow exciting. Valetini and McReight might be our best and most consistent players. Huge shame about Wrights injury, so who fills that final slot: Wilson or Cale? Or even Hooper/Williams? Wilson was very busy against Georgia, with both him and Valetini doing plenty of lineout jumping too.

Halfback, Gordon another who‘s stocks have really risen. I think he’ll start against SA, with McDermott/White on the bench.

Flyhalf we have major issues. Lolesio has been very flakey, I was pushing for Donaldson to get a shot and I think he flopped too. Does he get another game or two and the chance to settle in? I’m at a bit of a loss here. Ultra wildcard suggestion from the punters: JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) who was excellent in the Reds vs Wales match.

For our centres Paisami has been busy and grown each game, in a position we are a bit thin in. Ikitau showed his class when he finally got on the field and is a lock for 13. Honorable mention for Flook who’s time will come.

Back 3 some concerns too. I was hoping with successive games Wright would really be able to take it to Georgia but it was his worst match after two quiet ones (ripping try excluded). Kellaway has been polished as expected, Daugunu a strong series but giving away some simple penalties. Didn’t get to see much of Pietch and Lancaster was ok on debut. Overall an area I’m not feeling too confident in.
Hopefully some of the overseas players can help outside of 10

I'd have a back row of Valetini, McReight, Wilson

Halves of Gordon and Lolesio

and locks of Frost & LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (if no Skelton)

Last edited:

Beattie

Peter Burge (5)
So, three games for Schmidt to test players out and rebuild as we march on to out first TRC match. What have we learned?

Front row is looking solid and settled. Kailea has been a great surprise package. TT, AAA, Slipper locked in. Faessler good and reliable, Pollard and Nasser in a shootout for bench.

Locks a bit up in the air. Frost and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) stocks have risen, Williams industrious, Blyth ok, Hooper good from the bench in Georgia game.

Backrow exciting. Valetini and McReight might be our best and most consistent players. Huge shame about Wrights injury, so who fills that final slot: Wilson or Cale? Or even Hooper/Williams? Wilson was very busy against Georgia, with both him and Valetini doing plenty of lineout jumping too.

Halfback, Gordon another who‘s stocks have really risen. I think he’ll start against SA, with McDermott/White on the bench.

Flyhalf we have major issues. Lolesio has been very flakey, I was pushing for Donaldson to get a shot and I think he flopped too. Does he get another game or two and the chance to settle in? I’m at a bit of a loss here. Ultra wildcard suggestion from the punters: JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) who was excellent in the Reds vs Wales match.

For our centres Paisami has been busy and grown each game, in a position we are a bit thin in. Ikitau showed his class when he finally got on the field and is a lock for 13. Honorable mention for Flook who’s time will come.

Back 3 some concerns too. I was hoping with successive games Wright would really be able to take it to Georgia but it was his worst match after two quiet ones (ripping try excluded). Kellaway has been polished as expected, Daugunu a strong series but giving away some simple penalties. Didn’t get to see much of Pietch and Lancaster was ok on debut. Overall an area I’m not feeling too confident in.
And to kick you while you’re down, the U20’s don’t have anything to offer either. Your flyhalf situation doesn’t get any better.