• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2024

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bringing super rugby veteran JOC (James O'Connor) into camp >>> over inviting non super rugby players cooper/Foley

but in saying that. JOC (James O'Connor) provides nothing long term for the betterment of wallabies - so I don’t see what it achieves unless you think he’s good enough for 10 jersey or the utility back spot on wallabies bench

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Bernard Foley didnt seem all that interested in the idea recently:

“Not having thought about that at all, or going back and playing with a new coach they’ve brought in, new structures and they want to do things an easier way. Saying that the previous way didn’t work, so it’d be interesting to see which direction they take. That discussion may happen, but at the moment I’m definitely not thinking about it.”

“It’s not, but it’s probably have to be a pretty, pretty significant change to go back and endure international rugby. I think, you know, just knowing that commitment and how inclusive that drive is to be in those national setups, take a look to go back in playing to international rugby.

“Look, I want the Wallabies to do well, and speaking to Dane (Coles) he speaks really highly of Joe (Schmidt) and what he’ll be able to achieve. So you know, if there’s somewhere I can help, maybe a little but as I said, I’m pretty settled at just playing club footie and spending my time up here.”

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
There’s a poster on here who labeled Beauden Barratt a ‘Coward’! One of the great All Blacks. Coming from an anonymous forum poster. Quite sad really.​
jennifer-lawrence-middle-finger.gif
To be fair, it was probably Dismal...​

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
It’s because it’s in a position where we are struggling. He’s also an experienced head who has succeeded at test level before.

Not saying I agree with it - in fact I’d be very cautious given his injury run and his last few showings at test level - but I won’t be surprised if he’s pulled into the squad.
wowee it would be a backwards step. do we not remember the 10 errors in 10 minutes last time JOC (James O'Connor) pulled on a gold jersey

Maulalltheway

Charlie Fox (21)
Our current and previous professional coaches are hopeless and have no idea what they're doing..... that is if you listen to the "state partisan experts" here who want Noah and Tom Wright hung drawn and quartered.

just admit it for what it is, at least be honest as to why you judge them harder than your own favourites

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Our current and previous professional coaches are hopeless and have no idea what they're doing..... that is if you listen to the "state partisan experts" here who want Noah and Tom Wright hung drawn and quartered.

just admit it for what it is, at least be honest as to why you judge them harder than your own favourites
if everyone but a Brumbies fan thinks Wright had a poor game, does that make everyone else wrong

Last edited:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
When are we likely to have a squad named for the RC?

add Skelton, Koriebete, BPA and Toole. Consider Kerevi if he is in good form and still up to it.
Anyone else?

Who is removed from the current mob?

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)

add Skelton, Koriebete, BPA and Toole. Consider Kerevi if he is in good form and still up to it.
Anyone else?

Read something yesterday that it's expected in two weeks (which seems bloody late as that makes it the week of the first test :eek: ).

Surely if he's calling people in they'd be travelling this week to get a chance to settle into the squad......

Edit: Quade's currently in Sydney if that's relevant

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)

Anyone else?

I think I heard somewhere that we should expect a squad announcement around the 1st of August.

Regarding players, Doran has reported on the Roar:
- BPA is back in Sydney and has been scrummaging against Bell (who is on the return from injury);
- Skelton is a 50/50% on returning to the Wallabies set-up as he weighs up taking a break from a long 24 months of rugby;
- Korobiete is a stronger chance of linking up with the Wallabies than Skelton;
- No mention of Kerevi;
- Porecki is on the return path from his injury and would be available towards the back-end of the RC;
- Jorgensen was with the Wallabies last week as he's on the comeback from injury;
- Liam Wright injury is worse than initially expected and future is unknown; and,
- No mention of Rob Leota.

Edit:
- Petaia still two weeks away from being fit
- Bell a month away from being fit

Last edited:
Reactions: BDA