• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't expect to see Jake Gordon in the squad. Christy Doran mentioned he heard that he was out on the ESPN Scrum Reset podcast and Sam Bruce agreed based on what he had heard. Sounds like he's going to be relying on one of the other srum halves giving him an opening.

Jake Gordon and Brad Wilkin apparently not among the 40 player squad that doesn't yet include the Brumbies players and Skelton and Arnold...

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jake Gordon and Brad Wilkin apparently not among the 40 player squad that doesn't yet include the Brumbies players and Skelton and Arnold...

Yeah, it's looking pretty definitive for Gordon, particularly given Eddie singled out McDermott (and Wilson) for praise for their end of season form.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Check out Neville's stats from the weekend:

- 19 tackles (game high, 1 missed, 95% tackle completion rate)
- 9 carries for 16 metres (only behind Valetini for metres)
- 8 line out wins & 1 steal (game high)
- 0 penalties conceded

Brumbies dropped off when he left the field, he should be ahead of Phillip and Rodda with games like this against the Chiefs in a SF
Agreed.
Arnold, Frost, Skelton, Neville

Eddie's Eyebrows

Herbert Moran (7)
Untitled.jpg

My punt at the RC squad and the Aust A squad.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Even if Gordon may "be on the way out" I think I'd want him playing for Aus A over IFL. IFL is 27, Gordon 29 and he has Test experience you would rather have staying ready.

As much as I'm not a fan I do think Donaldson would be sent to play with Aus A as well. He's not leaving Australian Rugby so I don't think he'll be completely cast aside.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought I saw Gordon at some Wallaby thing in the last week or so on social media.

Brad Wilkin was in the shot from some Wallabies meeting wishing the Australian Cricket Team good luck in the Ashes.

If it's 33 plus a couple of injuries it is hard to see either making it though.

Sword of Justice

Nev Cottrell (35)
I thought I saw Gordon at some Wallaby thing in the last week or so on social media.

Brad Wilkin was in the shot from some Wallabies meeting wishing the Australian Cricket Team good luck in the Ashes.

If it's 33 plus a couple of injuries it is hard to see either making it though.
It would appear there's been a cull to accommodate the Reds and Tahs players, who weren't at that stage with the squad.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Check out Neville's stats from the weekend:

- 19 tackles (game high, 1 missed, 95% tackle completion rate)
- 9 carries for 16 metres (only behind Valetini for metres)
- 8 line out wins & 1 steal (game high)
- 0 penalties conceded

Brumbies dropped off when he left the field, he should be ahead of Phillip and Rodda with games like this against the Chiefs in a SF
I think he was outstanding in that game, and as Wright played himself out of contention, Neville inked his name in.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Weird to look back on our team in the last test of 2022.

15. Tom Wright, 14. Jordan Petaia, 13. Len Ikitau, 12. Reece Hodge, 11. Mark Nawaqanitawase, 10. Ben Donaldson, 9. Jake Gordon; 1. James Slipper (c), 2. Folau Fainga’a, 3. Allan Ala'alatoa, 4. Nick Frost, 5. Cadeyrn Neville, 6. Jed Holloway, 7. Fraser McReight, 8. Langi Gleeson

Replacements: 16. Lachlan Lonergan, 17. Tom Robertson, 18. Sam Talakai, 19. Ned Hanigan 20. Pete Samu, 21. Tate McDermott, 22. Noah Lolesio, 23. Jock Campbell

A few blokes in that (winning) side who may not even make the wider squad.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Weird to look back on our team in the last test of 2022.

15. Tom Wright, 14. Jordan Petaia, 13. Len Ikitau, 12. Reece Hodge, 11. Mark Nawaqanitawase, 10. Ben Donaldson, 9. Jake Gordon; 1. James Slipper (c), 2. Folau Fainga’a, 3. Allan Ala'alatoa, 4. Nick Frost, 5. Cadeyrn Neville, 6. Jed Holloway, 7. Fraser McReight, 8. Langi Gleeson

Replacements: 16. Lachlan Lonergan, 17. Tom Robertson, 18. Sam Talakai, 19. Ned Hanigan 20. Pete Samu, 21. Tate McDermott, 22. Noah Lolesio, 23. Jock Campbell

A few blokes in that (winning) side who may not even make the wider squad.

Alternatively, picking the Ireland lineup from the last Test inside the window:

Andrew Kellaway, Mark Nawaqanitawase, Len Ikitau, Hunter Paisami, Tom Wright, Bernard Foley, Nic White, Rob Valetini, Michael Hooper, Jed Holloway, Cadeyrn Neville, Nick Frost, Allan Ala'alatoa, Dave Porecki, James Slipper (c)

Folau Fainga'a, Tom Robertson, Taniela Tupou, Will Skelton, Pete Samu, Jake Gordon, Noah Lolesio, Jordan Petaia