• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Half the time I think it's outrageous to select a player who's a proper all black. Then I read about his commitments to Darwin Rugby and also think of the NH teams with their grubby little mitts on Dempsey, Hansen and Meafou and I think fuck it, go all out take anyone we can that'll make us better.
I mean, after all, we are a Tier 2 nation. I don't see it being any different than Folau, Lealiifano or Coleman playing for Tonga/Samoa. Hell, TKB is an Aussie by birth.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Just saw Hanigan, Foley and Kerevi on Coogee Bay Road. So there’s 3 members of Eddie’s initial squad.

Confucius Say

Colin Windon (37)
View attachment 16542

My punt at the RC squad and the Aust A squad.
You lost me at Hodge and Hooper in the XXXIII. Neither going to win us a World Cup.

Let’s stop the Mr Fixit on the bench. It rarely works. Just have a player that can play anywhere like Petaia or Wright. Young, energetic and not tainted by the losingest era in our history. Leave Hodge at home.

And start with Pete Samu at 7 with McReight on after 50 as a finisher but rotate them depending on opposition. Leave M Hooper at home. He’s way off the pace.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You lost me at Hodge and Hooper in the XXXIII. Neither going to win us a World Cup.

Let’s stop the Mr Fixit on the bench. It rarely works. Just have a player that can play anywhere like Petaia or Wright. Young, energetic and not tainted by the losingest era in our history. Leave Hodge at home.

Hodge will continue to be an option because if your 22 jersey is a replacement 10 you need someone covering 12 on the bench. I don't think Petaia is really a 13 option at test level let alone an option at 12. Ikitau is pretty exclusively a 13.

Eddie's Eyebrows

Herbert Moran (7)

And start with Pete Samu at 7 with McReight on after 50 as a finisher but rotate them depending on opposition. Leave M Hooper at home. He’s way off the pace.
Eddie's theory around the 33 man squad is to pick your best 23, then 5 squaddies, and a couple of utilities.

Hodge is the best utility we have. They become important when trying to pick a squad of 33.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kerr-Barlow not coming.
Taking a week’s break after their seasons ended at the weekend, Brumbies players - and France-based locks Will Skelton and Richie Arnold - are the only missing pieces from the training group in Sydney.
So who isn’t there.

Prop updates
Ala'alatoa, who Hatley rates as one of the world’s best tightheads, is set to be fit for the Wallabies’ first Test in Pretoria on July 8, and Bell “is flying” after a foot injury that ruled him out of NSW’s entire season.

Hatley said the hope is for Tupou to also be available for selection for the Rugby Championship next month, after an impressive recovery from an Achilles’ tendon rupture last year.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
My go at Sunday's squad. This is chosen in light of Eddie's comments recently and also ability to call up players quickly in case of injury. I don't think the composition will be the same as the WC. This time he'll take 3 flyhalves, 3 scrumhalves. Also not sure about his rehab people. Bell & Tupou will probably be still rehab. Also, I think there'll be one or two players he's 70% sure he won't take to the RWC but wants a final look at.

Rehab
Tupou
Bell
Leota
Rodda/Philip
Feel like he can whack anyone in here as an exemption to the 33.

Props

James Slipper
Matt Gibbon
Allan Ala'alatoa
Sam Talakai
Pone Fa'amausili

Hookers

Dave Porecki
Lachlan Lonergan
Jordan Uelese

Second Rowers

Nick Frost
Will Skelton
Richie Arnold
Caderyn Neville

Backrowers

Rob Valetini
Jed Holloway
Michael Hooper
Fraser McReight
Harry Wilson
Langi Gleeson
Tom Hooper

Halfbacks

Nic White
Tate McDermott
Ryan Lonergan

Flyhalves

Quade Cooper
Bernard Foley
Carter Gordon

Centres

Samu Kerevi
Lalaki Foketi
Len Ikitau

Outside Backs

Reece Hodge
Jordon Petaia
Andrew Kellaway
Tom Wright
Marika Koroibete
I like it, but don't think we can have 7 back-rowers and think Tom Hooper's time will come next year, not sure Uelese deserves a spot

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Swinton and Lambert on the Instagram stories at the beach session.
I am surprised he didn’t call Sio up as well, surely he is better than some of the guys seen training with the team this week. I guess the hope is that all the injured guys are good to go so not needed