• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interestingly Eddie has talked twice now about selecting 5 guys in the RWC squad who aren’t necessarily the next best replacements but the best “squad” guys. Get along with everyone, tour/train well and uplift people around them etc.

I don’t know who those guys are (naturally, not something that fans would probably see).

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Yep so long as we don’t have an unprecedented injury crisis and play shit (although we’re capable of that) we should beat wales comftably at the WC
The good thing about the 2022 injury crisis is that it can't happen 2 years in a row (I hope so)

Last edited:

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
First tier: Ireland, France, New Zealand, South Africa.

Usually you would probably add England and Australia based on historic performance but for now :-

Second tier: Scotland (on the boundary between the two tiers really) , Argentina, Australia, Wales, England, and if Wales makes the cut, so does Japan imo.
I don't think so. Scotland in a good day, with all their SH players can beat anyone. So watch out with Pool B (SA, Ireland and Scotland)

My ranking is:

Tier 1: Ireland, France, NZ, SA, Australia, England, Argentina

Tier 2: The current Wales, Japan, Fiji, Italy, Tonga, Samoa.

Australia, England, Argentina and Scotland with their full strenght team can beat any side in a good day.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interestingly Eddie has talked twice now about selecting 5 guys in the RWC squad who aren’t necessarily the next best replacements but the best “squad” guys. Get along with everyone, tour/train well and uplift people around them etc.

I don’t know who those guys are (naturally, not something that fans would probably see).
I think Hanigan may fit into that description

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)

Rob Leota has been that role since he was 10. Go look at Tupou's latest instagram story as a recent example.

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)

I think we'll see Ned Hanigan in the squad for this very reason.

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Check out Neville's stats from the weekend:

- 19 tackles (game high, 1 missed, 95% tackle completion rate)
- 9 carries for 16 metres (only behind Valetini for metres)
- 8 line out wins & 1 steal (game high)
- 0 penalties conceded

Brumbies dropped off when he left the field, he should be ahead of Phillip and Rodda with games like this against the Chiefs in a SF

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Listening to Eddie's interview on the Roar Podcast, he focusses so much on winning mentality and culture. Doubt we'll see too many players from the Force, Rebels, Reds and Waratahs. He must love the idea of getting in the overseas based players who are constantly dominant. Not the most outrageous prediction but the team will be Brumbies complemented by 6 overseas champions with 3-5 players from the rest.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Check out Neville's stats from the weekend:

- 19 tackles (game high, 1 missed, 95% tackle completion rate)
- 9 carries for 16 metres (only behind Valetini for metres)
- 8 line out wins & 1 steal (game high)
- 0 penalties conceded

Brumbies dropped off when he left the field, he should be ahead of Phillip and Rodda with games like this against the Chiefs in a SF

He was very good on the weekend, and the Brumbies tend to miss him when he's off injured...

I would assume he'll be in the squad as he's had a pretty good season and was in Eddie's initial camp.

Rodda is probably going to need to play for Australia A to make it back in after so much time off.

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
He was very good on the weekend, and the Brumbies tend to miss him when he's off injured...

I would assume he'll be in the squad as he's had a pretty good season and was in Eddie's initial camp.

Rodda is probably going to need to play for Australia A to make it back in after so much time off.
yeah good point, those guys still have Aus A to get back to speed ahead of the WC

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I really hate the tackle percentage stat in rugby. Especially for a tight 5 player who largely defends a meter or 2 from the ruck, where the majority of contact is gang tackles on players from a standing start. It should just be thrown in the bin.

On saying that Neville I’m on board with for making the squad. Quality player

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Listening to Eddie's interview on the Roar Podcast, he focusses so much on winning mentality and culture. Doubt we'll see too many players from the Force, Rebels, Reds and Waratahs. He must love the idea of getting in the overseas based players who are constantly dominant. Not the most outrageous prediction but the team will be Brumbies complemented by 6 overseas champions with 3-5 players from the rest.

any overseas fullbacks available?