• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rugby Australia has offered Tom Banks a Michael Hooper-style deal involving a sabbatical season overseas but are bracing to lose the Brumbies and Wallabies fullback to a “life-changing” offer from a Japanese club, worth approximately $1.4 million a season.

fuck me dead.. Seeya Banks thanks for your service to the Brumbies and Wallabies (even though most people think your incapable)
Banks worth $1.4m a season…hmm seems Japanese appreciate banks more then we do. For that sort of contract he should take the money and run.

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wasn't Super Rugby members meant to be able to access Wallabies tickets from midday? I haven't seen any emails about it. Tried my Tahs membership number and stuff like that, won't let me through. Can't figure out how to access tickets yet.

Have I missed something? Or is there no info yet?

View attachment 13279
I had an email from the Reds membership last week with a link that took me directly to the Brisbane test pre-sale

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
I had an email from the Reds membership last week with a link that took me directly to the Brisbane test pre-sale

Waratahs members apparently had two emails go out yesterday. One person received them at 12:10 and 1:30. I say apparently because no matter how deeply I dive in to my spam filters, there's no sign what so ever in my email.

Thankfully someone on Twitter forwarded their email to me, so I've now got tickets for section 320 row 2 at Suncorp for my first in-person Wallabies match (I normally just watch on TV, but started attending in-person last year).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Use the links below for your presale access;

Optus Stadium | Password = NSWW2022
Suncorp Stadium | No password required
Sydney Cricket Ground | No password required

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Will it really - if players can prove themselves in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) then get a big contract overseas surely there would be encouragement to play rugby. All we need to do is select the best players for the Wallabies.
It’s not that simple. A players’ value is determined by the contract dollars. There is already a shift with regards the the importance of a player’s country (Wallabies) jersey and the dollars. The dollars need to stack up and it seems that the inflation of the contracts are not working in our favour.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Waratahs members apparently had two emails go out yesterday. One person received them at 12:10 and 1:30. I say apparently because no matter how deeply I dive in to my spam filters, there's no sign what so ever in my email.

Thankfully someone on Twitter forwarded their email to me, so I've now got tickets for section 320 row 2 at Suncorp for my first in-person Wallabies match (I normally just watch on TV, but started attending in-person last year).
Two rows in front of me.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
On the hearsay, the return of Beale was a factor in Bank’s decision to consider his options O/S.
Reality is banks is a good player but not renown as one of the worlds top fullbacks as questions on whether better full back options at wallaby level confirm this. But he has been offered the sort of money that someone thinks he is. This is the sort of offer a player like banks can’t refuse and should take the money, ie lock in the contract and run. He would be crazy on evidence to take the risks of less money and lack of certainty of continuing to lock down wallaby 15 position to not take it.