• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Fantastic if it does happen, and it should. Everyone involved would already be on a payroll and if they schedule the games as curtain raisers you’d think it’s going to amount to a huge return from a pretty small investment.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I wonder if there is an adjacent reason for bringing back the Aussie A team - that being committing players to Australia.

I’m not sure it will have a noticeable impact but it could stop players leaving our shores very early in their careers to gain eligibility through residence elsewhere.

I believe it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the A side is our nominated second team for making selected players ‘Australian’.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok. My possible Wallaby squad and then an Aussie A squad of leftovers. I’ve made the decision of not picking players for the As who are leaving the country next year. So no LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Frost, Simone etc.

6B963723-96CE-4207-B351-CF0A33B656DB.jpeg

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
I wonder if there is an adjacent reason for bringing back the Aussie A team - that being committing players to Australia.

I’m not sure it will have a noticeable impact but it could stop players leaving our shores very early in their careers to gain eligibility through residence elsewhere.

I believe it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the A side is our nominated second team for making selected players ‘Australian’.
I wonder what support this will have from the players. If it ties their eligibility to Australia by way of being "capped" but doesn't come with test staus and/or wallabies payments then what is the point for them? With quotas on capped players reducing in most major markets I cant see why a player would want that. I doubt RA's tight budget would extend to paying much for the honour of an "A" cap.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Good teams Reg.

I think Philip’s current form puts him starting in place of Swain, and I’d probably also switch Smith & Blyth around. There are a bunch of 50/50 calls which I won’t mind which way they fall. But on the whole I think those are good times.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good teams Reg.

I think Philip’s current form puts him starting in place of Swain, and I’d probably also switch Smith & Blyth around. There are a bunch of 50/50 calls which I won’t mind which way they fall. But on the whole I think those are good times.

Yeah I was tempted to start Philip. But I think we need Swain’s lineout work v England. More than Philip’s running game.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I’ve made the decision of not picking players for the As who are leaving the country next year. So no LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Frost, Simone etc.
Is not Tom Banks leaving the country?

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Banks off to Japan, move Petaia to fullback and Kellaway onto the wing. Frost may still hang around, so he might get a start in the A side. And we can’t find a place for Fines Lelewiasa, Kuenzle, Pasitoa, Muirhead, Orr, Mafi, Wright or Koteka.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Banks off to Japan, move Petaia to fullback and Kellaway onto the wing. Frost may still hang around, so he might get a start in the A side. And we can’t find a place for Fines Lelewiasa, Kuenzle, Pasitoa, Muirhead, Orr, Mafi, Wright or Koteka.

I couldn’t find space for them. Feel free to pick your own squads.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Wright is in my Wallabies starting XV lol

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Muirhead is the only one of those names I’d really think is in contention at the moment. Plenty of promise amongst a number of the others, but not ahead of the other names listed IMO.