• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
As one who identified Corey as a player to watch while he was still just playing JID comp, I would now say he needs a couple of years at 7s and clubland before taking on Super Rugby. I fear his defence would presently let him down at this level.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Dark horse for World Cup. Any chance of getting Corey Toole from the 7’s team into a super rugby team next year for selection into the World Cup squad? He has something that our wingers lack genuine speed and great swerve. He would need to play in a team that uses its width, any suggestions? Worry about being thrown into the Reds as hunter rarely passes to his outside support, Brumbies’s play it too tight for him. Reminds me of a strong outside back from league from a few years ago before they all became hit up merchants. Worth a punt I reckon, has scored 26 tries this season in 7’s to lead all scorers.
How about we leave him in 7s. We've got a decent squad now.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As one who identified Corey as a player to watch while he was still just playing JID comp, I would now say he needs a couple of years at 7s and clubland before taking on Super Rugby. I fear his defence would presently let him down at this level.

He is tiny. Talented, quick, but too small.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Tolu #Latu has been doing what he has been doing for several matches, it's our fault to have put him on the field today"

G.Quesada on Latu's red card

Add in the constant drink driving bullshit and I can't take any journo or pundit that tries to write or talk about why Rennie should be using one of the coverted spots on bringing Latu in.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Add in the constant drink driving bullshit and I can't take any journo or pundit that tries to write or talk about why Rennie should be using one of the coverted spots on bringing Latu in.
I agree he was good at the last world cup and leading up to it.. but his not outstanding, that make him a must select, and his off field drama's put me off..

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Apparently Latu has had 7 yellows and 2 red cards this season.
he hasnt been playing substantially better than any of our locals, which is saying something as this is the most contested position. atm i'd have porecki, kaitui and FF (Folau Fainga'a) ahead of him and given the 3 being seemingly taken by backs he'd be left right out for me.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Dark horse for World Cup. Any chance of getting Corey Toole from the 7’s team into a super rugby team next year for selection into the World Cup squad? He has something that our wingers lack genuine speed and great swerve.
Just put the money to bring back Koroibete, one of the most exciting wingers in the game

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Just put the money to bring back Koroibete, one of the most exciting wingers in the game

Is there a need to bring him back though? The Wallabies can still select him when they need him and the winger stocks in Super Rugby are actually quite strong.

A player like him it’s hard to gauge when his explosiveness will start to decline. For a winger, he’s probably in the final couple of years of his career, let him keep earning the big bucks in Japan and just keep selecting him for national team as necessary. Use the money to develop the next crop of wingers.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Rugby Australia has offered Tom Banks a Michael Hooper-style deal involving a sabbatical season overseas but are bracing to lose the Brumbies and Wallabies fullback to a “life-changing” offer from a Japanese club, worth approximately $1.4 million a season.

fuck me dead.. Seeya Banks thanks for your service to the Brumbies and Wallabies (even though most people think your incapable)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Rugby Australia has offered Tom Banks a Michael Hooper-style deal involving a sabbatical season overseas but are bracing to lose the Brumbies and Wallabies fullback to a “life-changing” offer from a Japanese club, worth approximately $1.4 million a season.

fuck me dead.. Seeya Banks thanks for your service to the Brumbies and Wallabies (even though most people think your incapable)
This negotiation/transaction is going to cause AR a shit load of problems moving forward. AR will need to generate some serious coin or rugby in Australia will be a thing of the past.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
This negotiation/transaction is going to cause AR a shit load of problems moving forward. AR will need to generate some serious coin or rugby in Australia will be a thing of the past.
Will it really - if players can prove themselves in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) then get a big contract overseas surely there would be encouragement to play rugby. All we need to do is select the best players for the Wallabies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Engage grammar nazi mode.

You're

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nah. It's inevitable that player selection will be opened up completely.

I dont think this is mutually exclusive to an entertaining domestic comp. It just won't have our best players in it.

Banks is simply not worth 1.4m.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Nah. It's inevitable that player selection will be opened up completely.

I dont think this is mutually exclusive to an entertaining domestic comp. It just won't have our best players in it.

I find it quite funny that over the next few years Super Rugby could very well end up being what Japanese rugby was 10 years ago.

A place for blokes who've played their best footy already to come, wind down and retire, rookies to be blooded and marquee international players signed to teams to give them some entertainment factor.

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
AR seems to be trying to generate some of that coin in the upcoming England tour. $159 for Gold Brigade seats at Suncorp is a lot more than I can remember for the mid-year tours in the past. Even $99 for Bronze in the top tier seems a bit much. Certainly won't be getting my usual 6-8 to come for those prices!

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wasn't Super Rugby members meant to be able to access Wallabies tickets from midday? I haven't seen any emails about it. Tried my Tahs membership number and stuff like that, won't let me through. Can't figure out how to access tickets yet.

Have I missed something? Or is there no info yet?

2022-04-11 12_30_53-Window.png