• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2012 Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

Mitchell won't be playing any time soon, he's not going great in the Shute Shield. More likely on the EOYT.

Robbie will go with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), he's done the job before against the ABs quite well.

That's a real shame. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) goes well on the Wing, but I doubt that's where we will see him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's a real shame. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) goes well on the Wing, but I doubt that's where we will see him.

Where else would we see him?

I'm not getting into the Horne debate but he will be the 13 whether people here like it or not.

J

Jiggles

I wouldn't put it past Deans to play him at 12 with Barnes at 10 & Horne 13. Not saying I like that, but I think it'll happen.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't put it past Deans to play him at 12 with Barnes at 10 & Horne 13. Not saying I like that, but I think it'll happen.

What indication is there of that lately? People may not agree with Deans' selections but at least there's a consistent pattern of the type of players he wants although it changes due to injury.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Given what we are seeing in the media and Deans understandable practise of sticking with successful lineups I suspect

Genia
Barnes
Digby
Harris
Horne
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Beale

is firming up, with I'd guess White, Cooper and Ant or Cummins (or even Vuna) to bench. As I have posted I like Harris and see him pushing McCabe for the role next year if he continues to progress the way he did for the Reds after the June tests, but if the media leaks(?) are right he is about to get dropped in the deep end to see if he can swim.

J

Jiggles

What indication is there of that lately? People may not agree with Deans' selections but at least there's a consistent pattern of the type of players he wants although it changes due to injury.

I am trying to think like Deans when I thought this would be a likely combo and the factors for would be:
  • Waratah Combination of 10-12-13,
  • AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has more recent Wallaby game time than any other 10-12 option (i.e. if they want to bring in Tap/AF into 12 or shift Barnes and bring in Cooper),
  • It allows for a pet player (Vuna) with "x-factor" to come onto the wing,
  • AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is 'McCabe like' and has more skills than Fainga'a (allegedly), and
  • It allows Barnes to stay at 10 i.e. 'consistency'.
I think my thinking allows for Deans trying to find players to fit his plan, which to be honest is his biggest flaw as a test coach.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Atrocious. Outstanding.

I can complete accept someone thinking Fainga'a had a better season than Horne. But I'd have to question who hasn't been watching much rugby if you think one was "atrocious" and the other "outstanding".
Well one of them was definatly outstanding.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Atrocious. Outstanding.

I can complete accept someone thinking Fainga'a had a better season than Horne. But I'd have to question who hasn't been watching much rugby if you think one was "atrocious" and the other "outstanding".

haha ok, maybe a little hyperbolic.

Very good and very poor?

Status
Not open for further replies.