• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2012 Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
On the bright side ABs have no Smith and that's gotta hurt. Yes we all know that already just thought I'd mention it ;)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wager 100 internet points that the starting backline for the first test is as follows:

9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Harris
13. Horne
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Beale

Not that the above is my preferred backline. I gave up long ago on Dingo making choices that closely resemble a sane person; now I'm trying to predict the thoughts of the psychotic. It's equally more fun and depressing.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
I am going to throw in the forwards as well, my team would be;

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Wallace-Harrison
5. Sharpe
6. Mowen
7. Pocock
8. Higinbottom
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. Ashley - Cooper
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wager you 100 internet points that this will be the backline:

9. Genia 10. Cooper 11. Ioane 12. Barnes 13. Horne 14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 15. Beale

This is probably more like it. A potentially Bledisloe losing decision has been taken out of Deans hands by McCabe being unavailable.
To play Cooper at 10 or not?
Barnes is Deans second preference at 12. Now if Deans was really smart and could think back to the test against the Frogs in France last year he would also play AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. This may be a leap too far for him right now, and with Schmoo likely not quite ready AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will probably end up on the wing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No chance we'll see Cooper/Barnes together. What an awful step backwards that would be, especially against a likely pairing on SBW and Nonu.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No chance we'll see Cooper/Barnes together. What an awful step backwards that would be, especially against a likely pairing on SBW and Nonu.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Barnes at 12 it wouldn't be as big a step backwards as playing harris or Fainga'a there.......

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Vuna shouldn't be..
At least Ships is an effective defender

Not disagreeing with what you're saying but Robbie rarely makes decisions in Trinations that go against his prior preference (except that awesome test in Brissy, which shows that sometimes it works but oh well).

J

Jiggles

Agree. Cooper-Taps would be the best option going forward.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree. Cooper-Taps would be the best option going forward.

I think Deans will take the punt on Tapuai or go with Fainga'a at 12. Barnes to start 10 with Cooper coming off the bench for the first game.

I've always liked the thought of a Tapuai/Horne long term combination.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Nah a McCabe/Tapaui centre pairing for the long term. I actually think keeping McCabe at 12 and Tapuai at 13 would be nicely balanced.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Anyone but Horne - well not anyone, but I think Barnes and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) should be the centres.

But Robbie will go with Horne!

With Barnes at 12, I don't mind AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. He gives copper a straight option (either swapping with Barnes or from a cut out) or can be cut out by Barnes if there is space wider.

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing them lineup with an alternative attacking format every so often of 10 Barnes, 12 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), 13 cooper. Barnes either uses AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) short or cooper wide who could cause a lot of issues with more space!

J

Jiggles

I think Deans will take the punt on Tapuai or go with Fainga'a at 12. Barnes to start 10 with Cooper coming off the bench for the first game.

I've always liked the thought of a Tapuai/Horne long term combination.

Horne is going to have to pick up his game significantly next year (or the year after) because I doubt the next Wallabies coach will give him such a free ride.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You already have people here claiming he is being given a free ride so..

I thought Horne was great in the Welsh series and so did Robbie so I'd say he's here to stay for quite some time. Especially see as his injury problems seem to be behind him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
... and Kurtley Beale (allegedly) assaulted someone in Queensland which is a key part of the Qld citizenship test.

Don't worry. I retract this comment.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Shipperly probably or Mitchell if fit.

I think your backline lacks go forward. With shipps there he can take a hit up every now and then and use his size and body position to bend the line a bit.

Shipperly, as in the small blonde winger?

As a crash baller? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.