• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2012 Championship Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Ioane
12 Barnes
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Drewster
15 Beale

There we go. That settles it.

I like it, but how fit is Mitchell? He was one of the best wingers in the world in 2010 for us, but he needs to be playing that well NOW to take the place.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mitchell won't be playing any time soon, he's not going great in the Shute Shield. More likely on the EOYT.

Robbie will go with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), he's done the job before against the ABs quite well.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
You already have people here claiming he is being given a free ride so..

I thought Horne was great in the Welsh series and so did Robbie so I'd say he's here to stay for quite some time. Especially see as his injury problems seem to be behind him.

IE, not as utter shit as he was in Super rugby?

That doesn't mean he was good. He utterly butchered one try, and did everything he could to butcher a second in a crucial stage of game. Had that ball come loose (god knows how it didn't!) we would most probably have lost the third test.

He was great in defence and totally AWOL in attack.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
In a week and a half this thread will be great when Horne is selected at 13 in the first test.

If Timani is also selected, the forum might explode.

I predict that the weight of the thread will collapse in on itself, becoming so dense and exerting so much gravitational pull that not even light will escape.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
... because selecting Anthony Fainga'a instead of Rob Horne is just going to send our chances skyrocketing.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
ACC is wasted if he is placed on the wing - too many ball skills to be out there, he is a good defender and should be run at 13

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Shipperly, as in the small blonde winger?

As a crash baller? o_O
From the reds site
Shipperly 186cm 94kgs
From the Tahs site
Horne 186cm 90kgs
From the brumbies site
McCabe 186cm 94kgs

Aren't perceptions wonderful.

BTW mitchell 182cm 96kgs

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I am going to throw in the forwards as well, my team would be;

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Wallace-Harrison
5. Sharpe
6. Mowen
7. Pocock
8. Higinbottom
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. Ashley - Cooper
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

I was going to suggest that talk of forwards doesn't really have a place in this topic about the Wallabies squad. Then I realised that a page and a half later it hadn't caught on so I can let it slide. :D You could be mistaken at times for thinking that the Wallabies don't have jerseys with the numbers 1 to 8 on them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.